Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I'm tired.

[ Edited ]

started appetizers and cocktails around 3pm.

we ate our dinner at about 6:00. everyone was gone by around 11:00pm......

i am exhausted and finally laying down in bed.

it is12:30am and i will probably have trouble falling asleep.

it is a good tired feeling though. long day with family members.......food, drink, trivial pursuit, football on tv, COOKING and CLEANING. i will admit that the cleaning is not totally done, but i will wake up tomorrow and finish the rest.

not too many leftovers. everyone ate a lot and three family members took a bit of it home. we will feast again tomorrow and relax a bit. my brother and sister will be here through the weekend so we have time to do it all again tomorrow!

another thanksgiving is in the books!

hope everyone had a wonderful day, no matter what you did or who you spent it with!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

ciaobella, So nice to hear good spirits for a change. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas. Lots of Hugs!!!

Honored Contributor

Our Thanksgiving is today at our daughter's home.  She only lives 5 minutes away.  I am providing a pumpkin pie, german chocolate cake,  and a cranberry salad.  The only thing I made was the cranberry salad. I ordered the pie and cake from our favorite restaurant and I have got to say, I couldn't make it any better. It is kind of expensive but I could get used to this!!!  Always before I had to have "homemade" but since I am still under restrictions till January as to how much I  can do since my heart operation.... I really didn't have much choice.  It's probably a good thing.  I may have started a new tradition!!!

Honored Contributor

On the one hand, I am looking foward to the day when my girls take over the Thanksgiving thing.  But on the other hand, I really do love doing it myself.  It was small this year and it was the first Thanksgiving for my 2 grandbabies. Lots of picture and video.  Young people do love to document every moment of their lives...lol     Just my girls and their hubbies and the babies.  For the first time in 25 years, my bff was not here.  I sent everyone off with lots of leftovers, so I have just enough for me and hubby.  We never over eat or stuff ourselves, so we do enjoy left overs for a couple of days.  I took a lot of shortcuts but it didn't matter, the meal was great.  I ordered the pie and cupcakes from a bakery.  I baked a turkey breast rather than a turkey and my daughter brought the ham.  Frozen mashed potatoes that I "doctored up" as my mom would have said.  Moving forward, I am going to go easy on myself and take advantage of modern conveniences.  We did half the cleanup last night, half early this morning.  So, now it's on to Christmas.  We usually do a big family Christmas Eve and I do think that I'll work something out with my girls. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will preface this by saying.......Such a nice Thanksgiving yesterday.  This morning I have diarhhea and horrible, horrible stomach pains.  I didn't eat that much yesterday because I know better. 

Don't know what caused this other than that I have stomach/intestinal problems anyway.  That's why I watch my eating.  Guess I will take it easy today and forego the Christmas decorating I had intended to do.  So disgusting!

Honored Contributor

8079D80C-CE69-4232-AF43-D60A349763F5.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I'm glad you had a successful gathering, despite being tired.  Good for you!

I have to agree about the parade.  I didn't watch it, but I could see what was going on because DH was watching it in the next room.  I grew up in NYC.  We went to the parade a handful of times and watched it every year.  I don't remember it being like it is now - a walking advertisement for Broadway and the music industry.  It felt like a two hour infomercial.  

We had a picnic on the beach yesterday, since it was just the two of us. When we got home we watched the Dog Show that recorded while we were out.  That has become a welcome Thanksgiving tradition for us.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Ah the morning after (fibromyalgia adds to the exhaustion) came home from Dads all of the platters and serving pices I took went in the dishwasher, I sat on the sofa and did little, slept until 9 and I'm still tired

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm on my 3rd load of dishes.  This should be the end of the dinner dishes.  I'm tired and tomorrow I'm going to rest all afternoon if I can.