Trusted Contributor

Re: Well I'm Exhausted After Watching that Presentation on HSN

When Perlier left the Q, I followed them to HSN.  There is no way Skip could have the shows he does on QVC.  HSN is more free-wheeling an fun.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amy looks great in clothes and has a real sense for style, but she's  immature and silly, she interrupts and gives few product details other than colors....I have to really like the vendor or really want to see a product presented and hear what the vendor has to say in order to watch her....otherwise she's a channel changer for me....

I remember one show where she thought it was funny to switch heads on Homeworx Figurals ....put Santa's head on the Snowman's body, and put the Snowman on the reindeer's body....The vendor was not amused....

Another show she was totally clueless about decorating...and seemed so uninterested...its her job to sell and be interested!!!......

And several  fashion shows and she was out of control...

I dont want the hosts to be robots...but I dont want them to be silly, juvenile, or all about themselves.....Leah, Katie, Gabrielle, Carolyn, Mary Beth are more my style.........and I know some dont like her voice, but I like Mary Nelson too ---better than some of the nasal sounding voices out there....and I dont see her often Terri Conn did a nice job too on a couple of shows...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@January121  She's cute as a button, but I never understood her "rise" through the rank of hosts.  

@Krimpette 

She's the demographic QVC  desperately desires and wants to attract...."the young busy mom".....(this desired demographic was mentioned in one of Q's press conferences)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

And yet,  you watched the entire show...LOL   

Valued Contributor

That show was hilarious! When Jaime took over, Skip gave up. He changes places with her and puts on a pink satin bathrobe. He is a hoot. They were all out of control. Wondered if they had gone to dinner before the show and enjoyed some wine.