Honored Contributor

Well - I can relate to this!

DD came in tonight and showed me something she saw on Twitter:

"The UPS truck is like the ice cream truck for grown-ups"!!! 

I couldn't stop laughing! Yeah - I can relate to this. Wouldn't it be great if they put bells on those wonderful trucks?? Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well - I can relate to this!

That is a funny thought!  And since my cat runs to hide every time she hears the UPS truck start down our street (because the doorbell scares her and she has very smartly connected the UPS truck to the doorbell!), maybe bells would camouflage the sound of the truck!  Either that, or she would be scared of the bells!  It's a good thing I don't need to buy anything much lately... giggling emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

DD came in tonight and showed me something she saw on Twitter:

"The UPS truck is like the ice cream truck for grown-ups"!!! 

I couldn't stop laughing! Yeah - I can relate to this. Wouldn't it be great if they put bells on those wonderful trucks?? Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I love that and would re-tweet for sure. I love me some Mr BrownshortsDevilish.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Frequent Contributor

Cute!!!

Esteemed Contributor

LOL !
Respected Contributor

That's a good thought.  The UPS trucks should start carrying ice cream.  They are in my area several times a day and I'm sure I would buy something.  They wouldn't need a bell because everyone knows the sound of the UPS truck. 

Of course, their delivery time would be really bad and then people will get mad so I guess that's not going to happen.  But, it is a good thought especially during the summer.

Trusted Contributor

LOL so true. I'll never look at an UPS truck again without thinking ice cream truck for adults. 😀😀😀😀😀😀
Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember the song from 'The Music Man' called "The Wells Fargo Wagon is a Coming"? I wait every year for UPS or Fed Ex to hijack that song and use it to promote their companies. It would be an easy adaptation of a catchy song. I could see people running out of their houses singing, "The UPS (or Fed Ex) truck is a coming" as they grab the packages and wave at the carrier on a commercial.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I am so excited, the "ice cream truck" is coming to my house today!

These are the days I miss my furbaby more than usual.  She could hear that truck coming blocks away and would let me know when a package arrived.  Heart  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

mtc ... My boxer does the same thing and he gets upset if the package is for the neighbor instead of me.  LOL  The driver always waves to him and laughs at his barking at him.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."