Respected Contributor

Re: Well, I Really Did It Today

Oh, I hope you heal quickly. That must have been a shock.  

mr henny did a similar thing only he sliced his stomach and had to have stitches.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Once I was actually stupid enough to try and separate a ham joint with an enormous, fat coated knife.

Did you know you can bleed through a hand towel on the way to the hospital?

@Still Raining

The towel thing! With my number of broken noses? A hand towel would just the start unless?  Many of mine were at the ice rink. Slapping a bag of ice stops it pretty well.  

Now deep cuts above the eye? By far the worst for me when it comes to bleeding. Ice didn't completely stop it, but does slow it down. Had 1 puck fracture my right eye socket. Was 1 eyed for about 10 days.

Box cutters. So far no problem, used them at work a lot, guess that even helps a klutz like me. I seldom use a knife, mostly because of the foods I eat.

To everyone! EASY DOES IT!!!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Ouch, that had to hurt.

I have a visual in my mind, I see red, I see a towel, now I have sounds, words are not acceptable in print. I see somebody moving fast to ease the blood and to get to the medic.

I do not want to see or discuss the stitches.

No wonder you are exhausted.

Just pamper yourself for the next several days.

Hoping you feel better and do not have much pain.

Heal well.  Ouch,ouch.  This was not what I would call a little simple thing. You got a boo-boo that is a big thing!!!