Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Really Did It Today

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@rms1954   Oh No! I am so sorry to hear this.  Hopefully it will heal fast and I hope it's not too painful!  (It probably is).

I remember using a knife to open an 8 track once (yes I'm that old!) and it slipped and went right through part of my hand. Off to the ER I went.  We all have stupid accidents.  Don't blame yourself!  We've all been there. Hugs to you!

It's a bit sore but it'll be fine.  It was stupid (that's what husband said).  He said I order too much "stuff" any way.  Of course he didn't offer to drive me.  I should not have been cutting toward myself.  

Honored Contributor

Oops, I just crossed ceramic box cutters off my wish list.  I've never had a problem with the razor sharp steel cutters I use daily.

Hope the arm heals cleanly and without incident.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  Your husband did not drive you?  That's awful, having to drive yourself there.  To give you a laugh, tonight I was bending down to pick up the flashlight in the closet and when I stood up I walked straight into the door!  I have a big goose egg on my cheek and it hurts something awful! I guess we all have our stupid mistakes.  

P.S. I also used to open boxes with a box cutter toward me until hubs told me I should be cutting away. It's only a miracle I haven't cut myself with that yet.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Sorry to hear about your injury. Said here numerous times I have been a "klutz" most of my life. What happened to you I have done many times over, just with different types of tools.

Being in a hurry has never been my problem, just being me, a klutz! Unless they were unusually deep cuts, I just stopped the bleeding/cleaned 'em up, and taped them up. Throw in hockey pucks hitting my face and head! Should have zigged when I zagged. 

Best to you and this healing without issues.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Years ago, I former coworker was using a box-cutter on boxes & not paying attention & was cutting towards herself & sliced her thigh thru her jeans wide open & had to go get stitches.  Since then,  when I'm cutting open boxes, I cut away from my person & appendages.  (I use a Sheffield Folding Lockback Utility Knife & change the blades frequently-a dull blade is a dangerous blade)

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 ...Oh, that is so scary, I'm sorry that happened to you.  You seem to love opening boxes Smiley Very Happy  but from here on out please be careful and don't use anything sharp again when you open a box, please.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Sorry for your pain.  They can be wicked to use.  I use those cutters from QVC for most stuff but I do have a box cutter when I want to cut the boxes up.  I do not use to open because I have damaged stuff by doing that.  That didn't hurt but sure made me mad.

Honored Contributor

I'm at the point where I spend so much time being super SUPER VIGILANT about any life presenting DANGER, that I'm perpetually exhausted by the effort.

Can't help but think that being in a major virus hot spot is serving to increase the stresses and slips that contribute to accidents, too.

(Large font because I can't set my iPad to a stable font size- sorry)

Hoping you have a comfortable and uneventful healing @rms1954 !

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry that happened to you. Take it easy. 🙏

Honored Contributor

That is scary!  You poor thing! I hope you are doing o.k. and that you don't have much pain!  I am a disaster with knives, scissors --- anything sharp! DH just cringes when I have to use any of them.  Blessings and try to rest and heal up! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin