Honored Contributor

Opening a box with one of those ceramic box cutters I ordered from QVC, and I slipped and the box slipped and I sliced my arm.  Had to drive myself to medi-call.  They stiched it up for me.  Seven stitches.  Good thing I was planning just heating up left-overs.  I'm tired.  Guess as you get older little simple things exhaust you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, I Really Did It Today

[ Edited ]

Oh no..... how awful.  You seem safe now .... get some rest.  Prayers

My finger got sliced by the QVC veggie cutter sold by Chef Tony and only needed 2 stitches I was totally traumatized.

Esteemed Contributor

OUCH!!!!! .... hope you feel better soon 😃

Trusted Contributor

Sorry you got hurt..that's always worrisome as we get older and it's stressful.  I use an old fashioned box cutter to open my packages not a ceramic one from qvc but it has crossed my mind that I wouldn't want to accidentally slice my skin in the process.  :/ 

Esteemed Contributor

Take care of yourself. Accidents happen and glad you are ok.

Honored Contributor

Ouch!  I am sorry that happened to you.  

It's something that I would probably do. I always seem to have a cut or two somewhere.  Stitches...Yikes!  No thanks.  I am a big chicken when it comes to stitches.

Take care and heal well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Opening a box with one of those ceramic box cutters I ordered from QVC, and I slipped and the box slipped and I sliced my arm.  Had to drive myself to medi-call.  They stiched it up for me.  Seven stitches.  Good thing I was planning just heating up left-overs.  I'm tired.  Guess as you get older little simple things exhaust you. 

@rms1954  Oh, ouch, ouch, ouch.  That makes me hurt for you.  When we were much younger, my husband was cutting carpet (we were installing it, mostly me and he was doing the cutting according to my instruction).  He pulled the carpet knife hard toward him and hit an artery near his forearm-elbow region.  I was driving him to the hospital, had a flat tire (hit something because I was in hurry).  Teen son fixed the flat.  We got there doctor said "He almost slit his heart."  That scares me when people use box cutters, carpet knives and so fort.  Just don't do it again.  Please, promise you will not.

Honored Contributor

Oh, dear.  @rms1954.  I'm sorry that happened.   Take care of yourself.   I hope you heal quickly and well.❤️  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954   Oh No! I am so sorry to hear this.  Hopefully it will heal fast and I hope it's not too painful!  (It probably is).

I remember using a knife to open an 8 track once (yes I'm that old!) and it slipped and went right through part of my hand. Off to the ER I went.  We all have stupid accidents.  Don't blame yourself!  We've all been there. Hugs to you!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954    I am so glad you were able to get medical help and are getting some rest.   Best wishes for a "quick mend". 

When I read your post, I had a flashback to an office accident I was involved in, caused by someone else, in the days before OSHA.    The incident was "swept under the rug".    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥