Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Really Did It Today

Sometimes when I move too fast, I make errors.

Trusted Contributor

I feel your pain and I am so sorry you cut yourself so bad.  I was poking holes in potatoes to bake a while back and they were still a little wet from scrubbing them.  Well, yup it happened, the potato slipped and I put the fork right into the palm of my hand.  It was literally hanging in there.  I admit I am horrible with knifes.  I usually wind up cutting myself when chopping veggies (I try to buy pre-chopped now lol).  But boy does it ever hurt.  Have not yet needed 7 stiches thank goodness.  Take care.  Sending healing prayers.  

Esteemed Contributor

Once I was actually stupid enough to try and separate a ham joint with an enormous, fat coated knife.

Did you know you can bleed through a hand towel on the way to the hospital?

Valued Contributor

Ooooohh ouch!  That was an ugly accident.  I'm glad you're okay.  Just thinking about it makes me dizzy.  Rest and take care.

I have one of those ceramic openers and it looks harmless enough ... Not!

I do need to remember to cut away from myself.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Opening a box with one of those ceramic box cutters I ordered from QVC, and I slipped and the box slipped and I sliced my arm.  Had to drive myself to medi-call.  They stiched it up for me.  Seven stitches.  Good thing I was planning just heating up left-overs.  I'm tired.  Guess as you get older little simple things exhaust you. 

@rms1954  Be careful!  I am leery of that box opening stuff and have nearly done that several times.  Don't open in a hurry is my thing now.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Oops, I just crossed ceramic box cutters off my wish list.  I've never had a problem with the razor sharp steel cutters I use daily.

Hope the arm heals cleanly and without incident.

@Kachina624 wrote:

Oops, I just crossed ceramic box cutters off my wish list.  I've never had a problem with the razor sharp steel cutters I use daily.

Hope the arm heals cleanly and without incident.

These ceramic box cutters are great and actually pretty safe if it's the one that has the curved handle etc. It was an accident. 

Honored Contributor

What a major PITA (pain in the "arm"), @rms1954 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear this. Heal fast!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@rms1954  Your husband did not drive you?  That's awful, having to drive yourself there.  To give you a laugh, tonight I was bending down to pick up the flashlight in the closet and when I stood up I walked straight into the door!  I have a big goose egg on my cheek and it hurts something awful! I guess we all have our stupid mistakes.  

P.S. I also used to open boxes with a box cutter toward me until hubs told me I should be cutting away. It's only a miracle I haven't cut myself with that yet.

Nope, he didn't.  I can relate to what you did.  It makes me feel so stupid.  I can't tell you the amount of times I've bent down and stood up only to bang my head on the cabinet door above me that I left open.  

The box cutters work great, that's what they are supposed to do.  Just have to be more careful when handling.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I'm at the point where I spend so much time being super SUPER VIGILANT about any life presenting DANGER, that I'm perpetually exhausted by the effort.

Can't help but think that being in a major virus hot spot is serving to increase the stresses and slips that contribute to accidents, too.

(Large font because I can't set my iPad to a stable font size- sorry)

Hoping you have a comfortable and uneventful healing @rms1954 !

Howdy to ya @violann,

Same Font size I use and it makes posts much easier on my old eyes. Space here for text won't be exhausted by font size. 

Soooo!  Stay with this one!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)