Respected Contributor

Re: Well. I Have Seen it All

I grew up poor. And I guess I am judgmental too. If I see adults in pajamas in public, anywhere in public, I think two things. Lazy and lack of self respect. And then I go on about my business. No harm, no foul. And a bar of soap really doesn't cost that much.
Respected Contributor

I haven't read all the posts but she might not be homeless but might have her water or electricity turned off.  and a lot of people don't have washers or dryers.

Respected Contributor

Blame it on the Q hosts always telling us their PJs are nice enough to wear to the store or walking the dog, etc etc. Cat Indifferent

Respected Contributor

Choosing to wear pj's to a store doesn't make anyone less of a person or more of a person.

The world changes quickly now.

It's all relative. It's in your personal perspective.

What's also relative is an economic status scale. A homeless person might see a 2-bedroom apartment as a mansion, while someone like Bill Gates might find the apartment as cramped. It's your personal perspective.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cody2 : how much does a bar of soap cost? Did a little research on soap bar costs. Difficult to find 1 bar ($1.29) Most come in multiple packs.

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl And that's what you are doing.

Respected Contributor

I try not to judge but when I do find myself judging, I quickly mentally correct my attitude.  That said, I would never, never, ever wear pjs out in public.  My home is my sanctuary, my bed being the almightly sanctuary.  Wearing clothing that I have worn outdoors as I climb into my bed, well, I just couldn't do it.  I'd probably change into new, fresh pjs.  But that's just my personal "thing".  To each their own. 

Valued Contributor

I'm going with the family was at the laundromat, clothes were in the washer and dryer and the woman and her children needed a few things at the store. It's possible she had to save her money to get her laundry done, so she was down to the clothes on their backs- their pajamas. Perhaps they are temp staying in a motel/hotel in a surrounding town. I am never really surprised by what I see in public and unless someone is commiting a crime, I don't much notice anyone but myself and my own non-stop thoughts 😜

Honored Contributor

Goodness!  I wouldn't drag a sick child into a store with all of the pick up windows, and stores that offer pickup and bring the items to your car!

Esteemed Contributor

Would rather see people shopping in pj's and a robe then barely dressed with body parts pertruding over the edges.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.