Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Did It.....Re: Today's TSV

@ShowMe wrote:

Have had a couple opportunities to wear this new puffer.  Really keeps me warm, and I like it very much.  It was a good investment.  

@ShowMeI'm happy for you!  Coats are hard for me, too, being a short stuff.  LOL

If I order a coat online I would have to order both regular and petite to see which one will fit the best.

Petite sleeves can be tighter in the shoulder; regular sleeves can be too long.

Overall length in petite can be shorter than I like, too.

Thankfully I have one fleece jacket and one formal coat; and I don't get to wear them very much in Texas, so they last longer.  lol

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

Have had a couple opportunities to wear this new puffer.  Really keeps me warm, and I like it very much.  It was a good investment.  

@ShowMeI'm happy for you!  Coats are hard for me, too, being a short stuff.  LOL

If I order a coat online I would have to order both regular and petite to see which one will fit the best.

Thankfully I have one fleece jacket and one formal coat; and I don't get to wear them very much in Texas, so they last longer.  lol

@Cakers3....yes, us shorties have a problem.  I'm 5', how tall are you?

Took the hood off because I do wear a hat....have a couple really cute newsboy hats that I like to wear.

The length of this coat is just fine.....cover the rear very well.  I really took my chances with this.....but am happy I did it.  It was too costly to try to get it in 2 different sizes and have to ship one back.  

Don't have a formal coat.....  The places I get to go to don't call for one.  Did hold back on one of my fleece jackets I had.  It's a little too big on me, but that's ok.  The coat closet has a lot more room in it now.  LOL

Enjoy your Texas winter.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@Cakers3....yes, us shorties have a problem.  I'm 5', how tall are you?

Took the hood off because I do wear a hat....have a couple really cute newsboy hats that I like to wear.

The length of this coat is just fine.....cover the rear very well.  I really took my chances with this.....but am happy I did it.  It was too costly to try to get it in 2 different sizes and have to ship one back.  

Don't have a formal coat.....  The places I get to go to don't call for one.  Did hold back on one of my fleece jackets I had.  It's a little too big on me, but that's ok.  The coat closet has a lot more room in it now.  LOL

Enjoy your Texas winter.

@ShowMe  I'm 5'1" and I swear I used to be 5'2".  LOL

I think of a formal coat as one that isn't a jacket;  not fancy, though.

I haven't ordered a coat in a few years.  Not from the Q but from another retailer who offers free shipping to me. 

A plum color sounds really pretty.  My hooded fleece is a dark raspberry and my other coat is black, no hood.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3......Yes, we are shorties....lol  I used to be 5'3".  Have really lost a lot in height.  My real problem is finding pants that are just right for me in length.  I did order 3 pairs   of cords from The Vermont Country Store.  They were Alfred Dunner, which came in a Petite PShort in a 14.  The regular petite in them were just too long.  That was another good investment, as I wear only pants now, and these were perfect.  It has been ages since I have purchased anything made by Alfred Dunner.  Still have about 3 pairs of the D&C I had ordered last year, but they are a little too big on me now.  Wear them around the apartment, not when I go out.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Cakers3......Yes, we are shorties....lol  I used to be 5'3".  Have really lost a lot in height.  My real problem is finding pants that are just right for me in length.  I did order 3 pairs   of cords from The Vermont Country Store.  They were Alfred Dunner, which came in a Petite PShort in a 14.  The regular petite in them were just too long.  That was another good investment, as I wear only pants now, and these were perfect.  It has been ages since I have purchased anything made by Alfred Dunner.  Still have about 3 pairs of the D&C I had ordered last year, but they are a little too big on me now.  Wear them around the apartment, not when I go out.  

@ShowMe  Wow-Alfred Dunner.  I haven't seen that name in a long time.  Sometimes pants are labeled "short" but not petite.  Some petite tops like tees are not long enough for me.

Coldwater Creek had the best fitting jeans/pants/capris for me.  I hope if they open again around here the quality is the same.  The new owners have been expanding again.  The shippng is outrageous so I haven't been shopping online.