Frequent Contributor

Re: Well, I Did It.....Re: Today's TSV

@ShowMe wrote:

@PickyCindy wrote:

@ShowMe  I'm petite, too, and I usually struggle with the sleeves always being too long on me.  I really wish QVC would offer petite sizes in the coats.  

@PickyCindy.....yes, I agree.....wish they offered more petite sizes in everything.  They would probably increase their sales more.  I'm 5', and am sure this coat will be plenty long for me....which is good....to keep my backside warm.  Have never heard of the vendor on this coat, so maybe it will run a little smaller.  

I had a Cold Water Creek catalog here and they have a very pretty quilted car length coat in there....and it comes in a petite.  But don't think it would be as warm as this one will be. 

And if they offered more tall sizes, their sales would increase, too. I guess the bottom line isn't cost effective even though we think it would be. A lot of women who aren't super tall need tall sizes because of how they're proportioned.. I'm 5'10" so need them regardless, so I feel your pain even though from the opposite direction.

Honored Contributor

@Feliciti wrote:

I'm excited for you. Congratulations on the weight loss. The coat is really stylish, too. My husband walks with 2 canes, very slowly, so I understand the issue of not being able to dash to the car in bad weather. I hope you enjoy your well-deserved purchase.

@Feliciti......Thanks.....but I didn't lose the weight because I wanted to.....I am a cancer patient, and the treatments I was on for going on 4 years was becoming a problem with my weight.  When I started out with the treatments I was really quite heavy, and now I can't say that.....down to 129 lbs.  But for my height and age, they say that is about where I should be.  They don't want me to lose any more weight, and I seem to be holding my own right now.  And since I was taken off the treatments, my oncologist wanted me to get radiation treatments, so I went through that.  That was very difficult on me.  

I fully understand how you tall women have the same problems as us short petite women do.  

I too thought the coat was pretty stylish, and so I went for it.  Almost 79 years old, and need all the help I can get.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Got an email from the Q......my coat has been shipped.  Coming from SC, so it shouldn't take too long to get here.  Will let you all know how I like it and how it fits when I get it.  Can hardly wait till it gets here.

Honored Contributor

This coat is currently being shown on QVC right now.  Carolyn has on the dark purple.....

Honored Contributor

Watched the whole presentation.....first time I've seen it on TV.  Looks pretty darned nice.  Believe the vendor said it came from Montreal.  So maybe it won't have that horrible smell on it that so many things from the Q have that are made in China.

Apparently it has been pretty popular because Carolyn was telling how many are still available in certain colors.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, it is being shown again.  Was happy to see that the faux fur part of the hood cam be taken off.  That is good because I really did't like it.  But like the idea that the hood can be kept on....especially if it is drizzling.  Would make it easier on me to get out to the car without an umbrella, which I couldn't manage being on a walker.

Honored Contributor

Received my new coat today.  Am very pleased with the dark plum color.....very pretty.  Looks just like it did on TV.  Kind of wish I would have gone with the next size down, but with the stretch in it, it will make it easier to get in and out of the car.  Was concerned about the sleeve length....it is ok.  Definitely will be removing the faux fur trim around the hood.  And may also remove the hood.  Will wait to that before I do it.  So happy I ordered it.  

Frequent Contributor

Best wishes for good health. Sorry you've been through so much.

Honored Contributor

@Feliciti wrote:

Best wishes for good health. Sorry you've been through so much.

@Feliciti.......Thanks.....  It's been rough, but I'm managing.

You had mentioned that your DH has to use 2 canes.  Am sure he has to be very careful doing that.  Don't think I could do that.  

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.....

Honored Contributor

Have had a couple opportunities to wear this new puffer.  Really keeps me warm, and I like it very much.  It was a good investment.