Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Did It.....Re: Today's TSV

Showme, my city offers free transportation to disabled and senior residents for things like doctors appointments. Does your area offer this service? I’m just trying to think of ways to make it easier for you to get around, especially in bad weather.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Showme, my city offers free transportation to disabled and senior residents for things like doctors appointments. Does your area offer this service? I’m just trying to think of ways to make it easier for you to get around, especially in bad weather.

@bikerbabe....thank you for being concerned.  The city doesn't offer anything.....but there is an organization that provides patients transportation (cab) to and from doctor's appointments.  That is how I got to and from when I was undergoing radiation treatments.  It was wonderful because I was in a pretty weakened condition at that time.  I had gotten pretty run down from the cancer treatments I was getting.  Didn't have the strength to turn the ignition on in my car.  But, that has improved now.  This same organization has also provided me with all the Boost I have been drinking daily.  Fortunately I don't have that many doctor appointments right now.  Next one is my eye doctor on Dec. 3.  

As far as groceries.....I order my groceries from instacart.  They shop for me at my regular grocery store and deliver it to me..  That has been a blessing.  They do a great job.  And Walgreen's ships my orders to me at no cost.  The order has to be $35 or more.  And, that doesn't take much to make it $35.

Plus I have wonderful neighbors that go to the pharmacy for me to pick up my meds.  I'm pretty well taken care of.  Feel so blessed.   

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear you have help and are doing better. I’ve used Instacart myself a few times- when I was injured and again as a very tired nursing student who was too pooped to even think about grocery shopping. LOL.
Respected Contributor

glad to hear that you've gotten yourself a good, warm coat, ... and i hope you enjoy it! 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe  Which coat are you talking about - can you share an item number pls? Thx

Respected Contributor

I bought this coat last year from Nuage.  I think its the same one.  It is the best coat Ive ever had and Ive got plenty!! Did run small tho, I think due to the stretch.  Its a great coat.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ShowMe  Which coat are you talking about - can you share an item number pls? Thx

@PINKdogWOOD.....happy to give it to you.  It's A342280

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I bought this coat last year from Nuage.  I think its the same one.  It is the best coat Ive ever had and Ive got plenty!! Did run small tho, I think due to the stretch.  Its a great coat.

@meem120....Thanks for letting me know it runs small.  Had a feeling about that, so I ordered the next size up.  It is a semi-fitted coat, and if a bulky sweater is worn under it, just might be a little snug.  

Could you please tell me how the sleeve length is?  Wish it would have come in a petite, and that is what I am concerned about.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Glad to hear you have help and are doing better. I’ve used Instacart myself a few times- when I was injured and again as a very tired nursing student who was too pooped to even think about grocery shopping. LOL.

@bikerbabe......Thanks.  It's been a long road....going on 4 years now.  I am very pleased with instacart.  Really thankful I have them.  They do a good job.  Don't have a lot of strength in my hands right now, and also have a difficult time moving around the kitchen.  Have had several different delivery people that have handed me the frozen and cold items as I put them in the fridge, and have also opened up some of the juice bottles for me.  Those darn caps are so hard to get off.  Once they see I have difficulty, they are happy to help.  Always so very polite.

Frequent Contributor

I'm excited for you. Congratulations on the weight loss. The coat is really stylish, too. My husband walks with 2 canes, very slowly, so I understand the issue of not being able to dash to the car in bad weather. I hope you enjoy your well-deserved purchase.