Super Contributor

Re: Well, Fess up-How much $$$ did you spend on Amazon/WalMart?

I bought just a Tignanello handbag which QVC doesn't have and the price was great on Amazon.  At least it was to me at a 30% discount.  I wanted it.  Other than that, I really didn't see anything on their lightening deals or regular stuff (other than the handbag) so I saved lots of money.  I wasn't impressed with what they were offering nor with Walmart either (didn't buy anything there either).  I wasn't looking for electronics so maybe that was where the deals were.  Or not.

Respected Contributor

I didn't buy anything, I didn't even look.  But, I'm not a shopper.  I only buy stuff I need and right now I don't need anything.

But, for those who did buy I hope you got good deals.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone. I think I have tried all those things but will go again and see if I can get it to work.

Honored Contributor

I spent $106 ($99 for a 16 gb Kindle Fire HD7 plus $7 sales tax.) My old first generation Kindle Fire with 8 gb of memory cost $139 as a refurb, so getting the latest Kindle Fire with much more memory for less money was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I've got to get a cover for it, but since the Kindle isn't coming until early August, I've got time to shop around a bit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Zero for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing at Amazon, WM or anywhere else yesterday, I put an item in my cart that was 50% off, but I just did not need it, so in the cart it stayed. I checked my order history and saw that all my recent purchases had increased in price, including a clothing item I bought for DS, which doubled in price from less than two months ago!

Today I orfered a LTS jacket here. Eight 5 star reviews.

Honored Contributor

To the poster who was having a problem borrowing the Kindle books, you can get help from Amzn in the form of email or phone call by looking for the Contact us page,

they keep moving it around.

I have the Kindle Ultd and have no issues getting the books, yesterday the site may have been too busy.

Frequent Contributor

I got one of the Fire Sticks before they sold out. That was it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was more like the old Filene's Basement (which I remember fondly from my student days)--i.e., a "rummage sale"--than the upscale Nordstrom sale that's starting tomorrow.  But I rather miss rummage sales so I enjoyed it.

To me it was very similar to their Black Friday event, in that they put in surprises throughout the day, and withdraw items that meet their quota. 

A huge plus to shopping at Amazon is that the reviews are pretty reliable, so I will take a chance there more than on other websites where the reviews are edited to accentuate the positive.

I've posted this before, but I got a great deal on a robot vacuum (Roomba) designed for pet hairs.  It had sold out by mid-morning. My little cat Claire is meek in disposition but mighty in shedding white fluff.  Roomba should help, as I only vacuum once a week or so.  Roomba can pick up the slack--and if it doesn't. back it will go.

Later in the evening I purchased an electric teakettle with a gooseneck spout--I make Chemex coffee where the temp of the water is a consideration (also I am fond of green tea, also temp. sensitive).  I burned out my stove kettle about six months ago.

And a four-place setting Gorham 18/10 stainless table set: $29.00 instead of MSP $100.  My stainless, which I inherited from a friend years ago, is really looking tired these days.  

About $390 in all--the Roomba is expensive.  I've been pricing them for years and this is the best price I've ever seen on that model.

Respected Contributor

mr henny went to Amazon several times yesterday but bought nothing. Then we made a costco run. They didn't have our organic steel cut oatmeal so when we came home he ordered it from Amazon. That was it!