Trusted Contributor

Well, Fess up-How much $$$ did you spend on Amazon/WalMart?

I was tempted but I passed. I can't spend anything extra for awhile-taxes are due.

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, Fess up-How much $$$ did you spend on Amazon/WalMart?

Luckily nothing at those sites.But Ulta and Birchbox ,with no sales, got my business. I have Amazon Prime and am surprised at how much I use it for streaming tv and movies and the free book borrow per month. That sale yesterday was a dud.

Esteemed Contributor

$0.

I hope those who did got some great deals tho.
Trusted Contributor

I agree, Birkinbaby. I was very disappointed with the sale. You say you borrow books on prime? I know that's one of the benefits, but I have never been able to make it work. Wonder what I'm doin wrong? Is it easy for you to access?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On Amazon, 65 dollars. I bought some rechargable batteries to replace in our cordless phones and a pair of Dr Marten's leather boots for 50 bucks. Neither were lightening deals and both were items I needed and had been shopping for.  The boots retail for 130 everywhere so I jumped at the 50 dollars price. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't buy a thing, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I wanted the Fire Stick, but it sold out before I could find it on the site.

The majority of it was junk nobody wanted. I'm not alone in my disappointment in the sale. GMA just did a story on it and people are not happy. There are a couple of hashtags that are blowing up on Twitter right now. I just used them, here is what I Tweeted, pretty much sums it up Smiley Sad

@amazon #UnhappyPrimeDay Happy Prime Day? Sitewide % discount #PrimeDayFail

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Nothing but I did get a nice partial refund for the Amazon Echo I purchased about a week ago at the regular price. I saw it was on sale yesterday so I emailed their CS and no issues with them reimbursing me for the price difference. Yay! 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

I didn't buy a thing, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I wanted the Fire Stick, but it sold out before I could find it on the site.

The majority of it was junk nobody wanted. I'm not alone in my disappointment in the sale. GMA just did a story on it and people are not happy. There are a couple of hashtags that are blowing up on Twitter right now. I just used them, here is what I Tweeted, pretty much sums it up Smiley Sad

@amazon #UnhappyPrimeDay Happy Prime Day? Sitewide % discount #PrimeDayFail

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I just missed one of those tvs but the traffic was just too great.  Same thing with a small laptop.  It's too bad and a rare miss for Amazon.  Boo.

Honored Contributor

Nothing.

I think that sale day was a "You show me yours and I'll show you mine" fight between Amazon and Walmart.

As usual in that kind of contest, there are no real winners -  not Amazon, not Walmart, and certainly not any of us shoppers.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbybiskit wrote:

I agree, Birkinbaby. I was very disappointed with the sale. You say you borrow books on prime? I know that's one of the benefits, but I have never been able to make it work. Wonder what I'm doin wrong? Is it easy for you to access?

I'm having the same problem trying to borrow a book.  I chalked it up to too much traffic yesterday and will try again today but if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate them!