Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to Georgia, y'all!

@deepwaterdotter Yep!  But I need a new car if I move is now on the list.  😂

Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

I'm in Cherokee County, near Little River and it's like a winter wonderland up here plus still coming down..  Thank goodness this won't last long and it isn't a work day..

Bussie was playing and running, we believe it's the first time he's seen or touched snow.  Happy dog!!  Wheeeeeeeee..

I am also in Cherokee County between Holly Springs and Canton. We really did have a beautiful snowfall. It has stopped now but lots of snow. It was a real treat for a girl from Savannah GA to get out and have fun in the snow. Last time I saw this much snow was in 1989 when Savannah had a white Christmas. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Suziepeach That's the best part for me. Watching the Southerners' two and four legged reactions.☺️

@Patriot3 Give us a chance.  We're making a run for you! 😂

You don't get to watch this where I live, on an island off the coast and the only way to reach the mainland is via 1 of 2 bridges and both f those are always closed in icy conditions 'cause we can't go anywhere, LOL!

I grew up here and I do remember one year when we had some considerable snow and I spent several days riding my horse to the local stores that were open, for neighbors and those who were afraid to drive in it, even here on the island.

My horse and I loved it, we were used to taking off in the morning riding horse trails, till the late afternoon, so it was the norm for us and the neighbors were very grateful to have milk, bread, eggs, etc. delivered!

I miss those days.........

Wilmington Island maybe? We moved from there to North GA in 2018 shortly after Savannah had a dusting of snow.  1989 was a big snow in Savannah. Started on 12-23 and gave us a once in a lifetime white Christmas in Savannah GA. I do miss Wilmington Island and Savannah. 

Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for you and the people of Georgia because your state is not equipped to deal with this type of weather.  Stay in and do not drive.  Snow is pretty but slippery and can be dangerous for driving.  I am use to driving in snow because I grew up with it.  You just have to drive slower and if you spin out turn toward the spin.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

It was about 1968. We lived in south Atlanta on a hill. We had friends in for dinner and the next morning there had been an ice storm. 
  Solid ice on hills and no power! We kept our fireplace going and our neighbor had a gas stove. So we kept warm and ate well. She did loose all her tropical fish, so sad! 
  The teenagers loved it because they could make money pushing cars up the hills and out of ditches. We all watched as they slid down driveways and hoped to turn at the dead end street.

WE stayed inside!

Respected Contributor

I live in East Cobb County and when I started toward the door to leave the gym early this morning, it was snowing like crazy.  I thought I was going to miss bad weather by going so early.

Been here a little over three years now, and it reminded me of "back home" in Northern Virginia/DC.

Only difference is that this short little storm doesn't require shoveling feet (not inches) of snow just to get out of our driveway!

The snow was pretty while it lasted.  Another woman walking out behind me was dismayed to see the snow and said so loudly.  I told her I was going to cancel my planned visit to a grocery store.  She told me not to bother going anyway, because the grocery shelves had already been emptied by then.

Grocery shopping panic when it snows ALSO reminds me of "home".  Even the Southerners know to do it, apparently.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I live in East Cobb County and when I started toward the door to leave the gym early this morning, it was snowing like crazy.  I thought I was going to miss bad weather by going so early.

Been here a little over three years now, and it reminded me of "back home" in Northern Virginia/DC.

Only difference is that this short little storm doesn't require shoveling feet (not inches) of snow just to get out of our driveway!

The snow was pretty while it lasted.  Another woman walking out behind me was dismayed to see the snow and said so loudly.  I told her I was going to cancel my planned visit to a grocery store.  She told me not to bother going anyway, because the grocery shelves had already been emptied by then.

Grocery shopping panic when it snows ALSO reminds me of "home".  Even the Southerners know to do it, apparently.

@novamc1 - I'm in East Cobb also. I love our little corner of the suburbs. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh @novamc1  My daughter and her family live in East Cobb. 

Valued Contributor

Spring one day, flooding another day, snow another day, all in the span of one week.  Something for everyone.

Honored Contributor

So true. And don't forget the tornado warnings. For the Bible belt, we must not be living right. Lol. 😅