Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to Georgia, y'all!

@Laura14 wrote:

@Pandalady  I'll lick a snowflake for you.  

Just checked my fridge and I have one carton of almond milk.  Hope I make it through.  If I stop posting check the first snowdrift to the right.  Lol 😂

@Laura14 

THERE IT IS!!!

There's that great sense of humor of yours that I've been missing, LOL!

You haven't been posting as much lately and you've been missed by me!

I'm always looking for a reason to smile, stick around GF!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Awwww!  Back at ya!  ♥️

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 

Your picture reminds me of when I lived in Atlanta. We woke up to a dusting of snow just like in your picture. My boss called me to see if I was going to work because he had no intention of driving in it.

Where I live if the snow has not reached the door handles on your car and the roads are not glare ice, you better plan on getting up, suiting up and showing up. It takes an act of congress to close court in a bg metropolitan city.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14Ouch!  Reminds me that the last time I was in Georgia, I was in thre Atlanta airport changing planes on my way to Las Vegas.  Was on the last plane to leave the airport that day!  Super scary - we watched out the windows as they de-iced us twice.  Years ago.

Not coming to winter country again.  I've learned to love winter in pictures - I don't have to live live it myself.  Love the picture though.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz Yeah, I am from Jersey so it's always an event to watch people see it for the first time.  Very cool to see people with true smiles these days over a little winter weather.  ☺️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops This is very unusual.  We get this maybe once every few years.  We are driving up to the GA mountains and we've seen several accidents and abandoned cars.  We just don't have the equipment or driving skills you acquire growing up in a snow belt.  You have the right idea to stay out of it.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14Be very careful.  I grew up in a Pennsylvania valley. Two of the boys I dated during my high school years died on snowy roads.  Even though I know there were most likely other factors in both those losses and even though both are about 60 years in the past, they're still a part of my winter memory bank.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @millieshops .  I thought we were crazy to try it but my uncle had a stroke and we're trying to get up there to see him.  I'm scared right now but we do have four wheel drive and a good driver.  Four miles out right now.  

Honored Contributor

You'll love it in Iowa?

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Suziepeach That's the best part for me. Watching the Southerners' two and four legged reactions.☺️

@Patriot3 Give us a chance.  We're making a run for you! 😂

You don't get to watch this where I live, on an island off the coast and the only way to reach the mainland is via 1 of 2 bridges and both f those are always closed in icy conditions 'cause we can't go anywhere, LOL!

I grew up here and I do remember one year when we had some considerable snow and I spent several days riding my horse to the local stores that were open, for neighbors and those who were afraid to drive in it, even here on the island.

My horse and I loved it, we were used to taking off in the morning riding horse trails, till the late afternoon, so it was the norm for us and the neighbors were very grateful to have milk, bread, eggs, etc. delivered!

I miss those days.........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.