Esteemed Contributor

Re: Weird or the most annoying tv commercials

@Daisy Sunflower He's dressed up to join their party.  I guess showing us what a good sport and a great dad he is?  I couldn't tell you what product they're pushing. 

@Daisy wrote:

I don't remember what this commercial is for, but there's a man dressed up as a fairy or something and he walks in the room where his little kid is having a party with her friends. My gawd! How creepy and startling would that be?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

99% of commercials don't bother me, but the one that does is Bon Jovie wailing about turning back time, then that dumb, stupid smirk that he gives at the end.

Barf!

Can't mute fast enough!

Me too. And then when he sings about bringing back Grampy Tim to say goodby....whaaaaaat? Back from the dead?????And that last creeeeepy smile he gives the camera. Too weird.

Esteemed Contributor

The same man is talking about his little girl getting married in another scene.  I only watched because he was sort of handsome, but his voice didn,t match with his face.  Not like the older guy with the suave voice on a Mexican beer commercial.

I usually fast forward commercials, because I  record everything.

Honored Contributor

I like it when they show when the area flea market will be held at the downtown civic center LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Any of the Time Warner ads are irritating!!  It seems like  every time I click on any channel at any time, there it is!! 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I have a Tivo, so I almost never watch live TV and fast forward through commercials, missing almost all of them.

I don't like the KFC Colonel ads, either. Why do they keep changing the actor? Why did the first one sound like a bad George W Bush impersonator? Why bring back an antebellum plantation image at this point in American history? (Even though the real Col. Sanders lived 1890-1980, he looks like he stepped right off the set of Gone with the Wind.)

But my vote for most annoying ad is a local ad that plays in the middle of the day or late at night because they can't afford prime time. It's an ad for a law firm and all they did was repeat their phone number over and over again.

See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3mcRHUDWA

It was so ubiquitous that a florist made a parody ad out of it, which you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSRh3Cbtws

@ChynnaBlue  Well the lawyer in San Antonio must have seen that commercial so he developed his version.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+jeff+davis+attorney+commercial+444-4444&&view=detail&mi...

Hey, at least that guy does more than repeat a single sentence over and over. But that single digit phone number is pretty smart!

@ChynnaBlue  What's funny it used to be--- 777-Jeff---attorneys seem to like the #7 LOL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

But why is he fumbling  the wedding ring in the back seat.  There is a young man sitting next to him.  Man Plaid Pants, you sure are sharp!!  I guess a little, but can't figure out what VOLVO is trying to say?

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

But why is he fumbling  the wedding ring in the back seat.  There is a young man sitting next to him.  Man Plaid Pants, you sure are sharp!!  I guess a little, but can't figure out what VOLVO is trying to say?

I'm only guessing here, but maybe he is remembering his own wedding day.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Hmmmm, maybe.  But I thought he already a wedding ring on.  HAHA, man do I ever over think!!  it is a commercial shoekitty, a commercial!  LOL