Super Contributor

Weird or the most annoying tv commercials

I think the KFC Extra Crispy Colonel ads are just weird.  I'm also tired of the Progressive ads with "Flo".  I guess we need to record programs but we never get around to watching them lol.  What would you vote for as the worst tv ads?

Respected Contributor

Re: Weird or the most annoying tv commercials

Liberty Mutual Insurance & Jimmy John's.  ITA re: KFC & Flo.

Then I have to stop & think maybe I'm watching too much tv.  

Honored Contributor

I still haven't figured out the Volvo one where a blonde woman is driving.  She uses the mirror to look at a man in the backseat who is fiddling with his wedding ring.  She selects a song and he gives her a small smile.  Just weird.

Super Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

Liberty Mutual Insurance & Jimmy John's.  ITA re: KFC & Flo.

Then I have to stop & think maybe I'm watching too much tv.  

Lol!  Me too @DoneTryin!

Super Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I still haven't figured out the Volvo one where a blonde woman is driving.  She uses the mirror to look at a man in the backseat who is fiddling with his wedding ring.  She selects a song and he gives her a small smile.  Just weird.

I haven't seen that one yet @tansy.

Esteemed Contributor

Flo, and that girl for one of the cellphone companies (I forget which company), the gecko, beer ads, and currently political commercials.

As a matter of fact- I dislike commercials so much, I try to dvr every tv show to watch later so that I can scan the commercials out! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@tansy. There's another one where he's in the car talking to an unseen person about "...the day your daughter gets married..." - as if he's the Dad.  They are a little too abstract for me, but not as dumb as Matthew McConnaughey talking Zen in his Lincoln Continental.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I interpreted it to be that they were coming from the funeral of his wife and the driver's mother.  He is holding a gold band.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG!

I don't usually  don't post on this forum but this thread caught my attention.  I am so tired of "creepy" commercials.   I hate the Synders of Hanover commercials with the "Pretzels, Baby" lady.  She looks like a female "Damien" of The Omen movies!  There are many other creepy commercials out there and have made it my resolve not to purchase from these companies.  Since when did "creepy" equal advertising?   If a company cannot tell me or convince me why their product is better without the "creep", I'm not buying!

Honored Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I interpreted it to be that they were coming from the funeral of his wife and the driver's mother.  He is holding a gold band.

Interesting...I'll keep your scenario in mind next time I see it.