Honored Contributor

Re: Weird Commercials: Male Edition

@Bhvbum wrote:

First of all men are terribly embarrassed, and secondly chances are good their wives or significant others don’t even know.

If they can’t have an erection or avoid sexual situations,

their partner knows. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Oh good grief-you don't just sign into Roman and get pills.  You still have to consult with an online licensed physician before those pills will be sent out.

It is the same as the growing business of online consultations with licensed physicians for everything from ear infections to ED.

BC pills can be obtained the same way today.

This is a nonsense thread meant to be "clever" and falls short because the way Roman works was overlooked.  You still need to discuss your issues with the licensed physician before being prescribed any ED medication.

“ONLINE” is the ridiculous part you’re overlooking.

Especially when ED is a cardiovascular issue. 

Birth control, which I used in my post, is not a cardiovascular issue.

An ‘ear infection’ is not a cardiovascular issue. 

ED shouldn’t be taken lightly. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom 

Yes,  I have seen it.....I am aware that ED is a cardio issue and don't understand why...well I guess I understand, but these men really should see a doctor before ordering and taking the 'pill'.

It’s a simple human anatomy lesson.

We have veins inside our body.  

These veins can get blocked because of plaque.

Also, these veins, which can be blocked, are affected everywhere in our body. It causes circulation issues.  Most all diseases are affected

by poor circulation.

That’s why ED is considered a 1st warning sign of heart disease in men...

the ‘carnary in the coal mine’, so to speak.

I think you might have misunderstood my reply, I probably was not clear.....I know ED is a cardio issue my point was I know why men don't ask for help...it's an embarassing issue for them to discuss.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@sidsmom 

Yes,  I have seen it.....I am aware that ED is a cardio issue and don't understand why...well I guess I understand, but these men really should see a doctor before ordering and taking the 'pill'.

It’s a simple human anatomy lesson.

We have veins inside our body.  

These veins can get blocked because of plaque.

Also, these veins, which can be blocked, are affected everywhere in our body. It causes circulation issues.  Most all diseases are affected

by poor circulation.

That’s why ED is considered a 1st warning sign of heart disease in men...

the ‘carnary in the coal mine’, so to speak.

I think you might have misunderstood my reply, I probably was not clear.....I know ED is a cardio issue my point was I know why men don't ask for help...it's an embarassing issue for them to discuss.

@Mom2Dogs 

Yes, thanks for circling back.  My bad...I did misunderstood your post.

It’s crazy to think men are ‘embarrased’ with an issue related to heart disease.

I guess the radical fallout of a heart attack/stroke isn’t ‘embarrassing.’ SMH

Honored Contributor

Where is your misinformation coming from?  There are actually many possible resons for erectile dysfunction and most have absolutely nothing to do with cardiovascular disease.  I don't know how an online doctor would examine a patient and then prescribe medication.  I can't see how that would work or be safe.  For that reason, I agree with you.  It's not a good thing because the underlying reason for ED would go undiagnosed.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Where is your misinformation coming from?  There are actually many possible resons for erectile dysfunction and most have absolutely nothing to do with cardiovascular disease.  

Please read up on this to gain more knowledge. 

Just a quick Google search might help.

ED has everything to do with cardiovascular disease. 

If conditions are mis-diagnosed or left untreated, there might be

permanent damage...those would be among the few outliers

where other treatments would be needed.

Many conditions are because of an unhealthy cardiovascular system.

ED is just one of many.  For a man having this issue, it’s quite

dangerous to not go to a doctor for the reasons why he has ED.

Honored Contributor

As Elaine says (on Seinfeld), "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things..."

Trusted Contributor

WOW!  So far all the responses to the OP question are in reference to ED.  

The commercial airing now over and over in the evening that is driving me crazy is the guy in the shower drinking a Coors.  Shower Beer?   I don't get it but I could be clueless.  

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

WOW!  So far all the responses to the OP question are in reference to ED.  

The commercial airing now over and over in the evening that is driving me crazy is the guy in the shower drinking a Coors.  Shower Beer?   I don't get it but I could be clueless.  

Coors' has another one showing a woman taking her bra off from under her blouse. I read where Coors' is trying a new marketing strategy...one they think would appeal to the younger, more casual crowd.

Respected Contributor

I would like to mention that hormonal birth control absolutely relates to cardiovascular health, epecially as a woman gets older.  If you have high BP and/or cholesterol, and you're on HBC, it can cause a cardiac event. I know this because my doctor took me off of it due to my age and these risk factors.  So it is similar to the ED drugs, I guess, in that it should be a consideration.