Respected Contributor

Re: Weight loss and will power

I need to lose weight as well...I do have health issues and I know being over weight is dangerous.(my Dad was an M.D.)  I have hypothyroidism,RA and fibro....I am a carb junkie...I too have no will power....and to be honest,I am very grossed out by my body..

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I need to lose weight as well...I do have health issues and I know being over weight is dangerous.(my Dad was an M.D.)  I have hypothyroidism,RA and fibro....I am a carb junkie...I too have no will power....and to be honest,I am very grossed out by my body..

Aww...I am sorry you feel that way 4 paws...but you can change that...yes it takes a bit of work and lots of discipline...but you can do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Lots of GREAT weight loss tips here!!!  Thank you to everyone who contributed.

I've been considering buying Dr. Phil's book, "The 20/20 Diet."  Has anyone bought it?  Tried the diet?  I'm interested in the results people have achieved following this diet.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

I am back on my health kick. I have been down with bronchitis and have gained about 8 pounds over the summer. My husband and I are walking 2-4 miles a day and am eating a lean protein and veggies for dinner every night and the weight is already coming down. I had quit walking because of the heat...now that it has cooled down about 10-15 degrees am back at exercising...it comes off fairly quickly along with sticking to a lean protein and veggies for dinner. I eat yogurt with chopped walnuts mixed in for lunch.

Good luck...hope you find a good method that will works for you.

Oh and Saturday is my cheat day...I have to have a cheat day to stay on my diet.

@croemer, I'm sorry to read you've been sick.  I've missed reading your posts.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much,

Aw, you just warmed my heart. Your sig line was my late hubby's favorite verse. It was just like I felt his hand on my shoulder just now. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

LOL...I could have written your post brii...dang it walking is the only thing that keeps my weight in check.

Spoiler

Man Tongue

When I broke my foot, I gained about 10 pounds.  I was just sitting there with a stupid cast on for 6 weeks.  I was so disgusted with myself.  Taking a shower was my only physical activity.   LOL

I'm glad you're feeling better and able to get outside and walk.  Plus, you have a walking buddy!!!

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Lots of GREAT weight loss tips here!!!  Thank you to everyone who contributed.

I've been considering buying Dr. Phil's book, "The 20/20 Diet."  Has anyone bought it?  Tried the diet?  I'm interested in the results people have achieved following this diet.

I have not read his book but he has had guests on that have lost of lot of weight spent2much.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@croemer wrote:

I am back on my health kick. I have been down with bronchitis and have gained about 8 pounds over the summer. My husband and I are walking 2-4 miles a day and am eating a lean protein and veggies for dinner every night and the weight is already coming down. I had quit walking because of the heat...now that it has cooled down about 10-15 degrees am back at exercising...it comes off fairly quickly along with sticking to a lean protein and veggies for dinner. I eat yogurt with chopped walnuts mixed in for lunch.

Good luck...hope you find a good method that will works for you.

Oh and Saturday is my cheat day...I have to have a cheat day to stay on my diet.

@croemer, I'm sorry to read you've been sick.  I've missed reading your posts.

Hello lulu, how nice of you to say that. TY! Nice seeing you too.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Eat less, exercise more, weigh yourself every single morning....guaranteed weight loss.

DITTO - a simple solution for weight loss.

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

@croemer wrote:

LOL...I could have written your post brii...dang it walking is the only thing that keeps my weight in check.

Spoiler

Man Tongue

When I broke my foot, I gained about 10 pounds.  I was just sitting there with a stupid cast on for 6 weeks.  I was so disgusted with myself.  Taking a shower was my only physical activity.   LOL

I'm glad you're feeling better and able to get outside and walk.  Plus, you have a walking buddy!!!

Yes...a little begrudgingly but in his line of work it helps him so he goes along. lol I broke my foot a few years back and it was even hard to shower...had to wrap my cast each time...I get how you felt brii.