Honored Contributor

I find walking cathartic It clears my head. I am on my weight loss management now (70 lbs down) and walk 2X a day, 5 miles total. Give it a try.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

15 lbs is really not very much...especially with all you have been through. They don't call it comfort food for nothing! Condolences to you.

@wonderfulworld@Melbalee 

While 15 lbs. may not be that much, it's much easier to lose that 15 lbs, than to wait until you have even more to lose, which is much harder.

Great that you're being proactive!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Melbalee      It is best just to EAT LESS. You will lose more weight by cutting back in calories than trying to burn them off.... it is much harder to burn calories than to just elimate high calorie foods. Think about it... cut out a sugar or high calorie food at say 400 calories a portion.... or  you must do extra exercise like running or such for an hour.. ( which few people are willing to do if they already are out of shape...)

Look into intermintent fasting. That is what worked for me to lose 15 pounds now gradually over 4 months.    Painless way to lose weight. 

Respected Contributor

Try to get a hold on this before the 15 turns to 30 or more ...

Been there done that ... don't want to do it again ....

Honored Contributor

Buy a food scale, if you don't have one already, and use it faithfully and honestly. Pay close attention to serving sizes listed on all food labels. For me that helped plus I increased my physical activity but not much. Portion control is what really worked for me.

Honored Contributor

@Melbalee wrote:
My husband passed away from cancer about a month before co vid hit. I have gained 15 lbs since then. My Dr thinks it is from stress.
Any ideas you sweet ladies on how to loose this? My cloes don't fit etc. I work out but my gym just opened again.
Thanks in advance

I am very sorry you lost your husband @Melbalee . That kind of stress makes us produce excess cortisol resulting in weight gain. Perhaps, a modified version of what you enjoy eating most...half portions might help you lose the extra weight gain. Another idea would be to journal what you eat in a day. That way you can detect patterns of change from how you used to eat when you were fifteen pounds lighter. Another suggestion would be a licensed nutritionist to outline a plan that won't add any more stress..another words, slow and relatively easy weight loss.🌺🌹🌸

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Melbalee      It is best just to EAT LESS. You will lose more weight by cutting back in calories than trying to burn them off.... it is much harder to burn calories than to just elimate high calorie foods. Think about it... cut out a sugar or high calorie food at say 400 calories a portion.... or  you must do extra exercise like running or such for an hour.. ( which few people are willing to do if they already are out of shape...)

Look into intermintent fasting. That is what worked for me to lose 15 pounds now gradually over 4 months.    Painless way to lose weight. 

First sorry for your loss but now it sounds like you are hoping to do something for yourself which is ok to start doing something for yourself.

I never have been able to lose weight so  it's unbelievable as a senior have been able to loose a fairly large amount of weight over 45 lbs. and lots of inches all during  the  whole time of the pandemic. So the  15 lbs lost you want  to see can be in a short time.

I also agree  like Sea Maiden wrote

The two things that helped me were INTERMINTENT  FASTING AND MCT POWDER did my research but  did not really follow a Keto diet completely. Did watch what I ate during the open window of allowing myself to eat. Some days I go 18 -19 hours of fasting and not at all feeling hungry,no cravings and helped so with brain fog guess that came with my age.

Putting MCT powder in morning  coffee  was #1 to get me through till about 2 or 3  till I have my first meal usually breaking fast with something light like a smoothie.

But have to say  all brands of MCT  are not the same, read reviews, do research.

I know if I can do it  you can too.

Frequent Contributor
What wonderful woman you all are!! I started to tear up from all the answers. I can't believe all the sweet answers...thank you all so much...you will never know how much it means.
Frequent Contributor
I'm going to walk for sure!
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden I do intermittent fasting, 16:8. I eat anything I want  between 10AM to 6PM, nothing around those times. I'm 5' (almost) 4" and weigh 105 lbs.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.