Respected Contributor

Weight Watchers erroneous charges

[ Edited ]

I want to give all you WW customers a heads up on charges to my account.  I have been a member for 4 years and Lifetime for 3.5 years.  I noticed they have been charging me the Lifetime fee of $14.95 even though I have been getting weighed in once a month and staying within my weight range.  I also do the scratch off and enter the code into the WW. website. I called the company and they won’t give me back my money without producing another scratch off code.  I gave her the one I received this month and she said she couldn’t use that one because it had been used.  I said yes by me three days ago!  I always take a screen shot every time I enter these numbers and I receive a reference code.  She wasn’t interested in any of those.  I told her to cancel my membership and my husband cancelled his, too. The supervisor was supposed to call me an hour ago.  I’m done with WW.  I did call my Visa company and they are crediting me the money I was charged. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers erroneous charges

I don’t blame you for canceling. That’s why I don’t use automatic bill pay, 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl Word is that WW will be discontinuing the free Lifetime program. This comes from a family member who is a member of the medical community and works with WW via the UK division. Glad you were able to get your money back; many don't.

Honored Contributor

No wonder they're losing members.  I get the feeling they may be fighting for their financial lives.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I had a one month WW trial on line offer a few years ago. I tried to cancel as did not care to keep going on line several times a day to record my food points. I had to fight to cancel and I know I did a week before the offer expired. This was done on purpose.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, my.  Sorry it didn’t work out with their customer service for you @GSPgirl .  I’ve been in and out of WW for years with auto billing and never had a problem.  For me, the customer service has always been A+.

While I don’t like FreeStyle, the program works.....I just don’t work it at times.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@GSPgirl Word is that WW will be discontinuing the free Lifetime program. This comes from a family member who is a member of the medical community and works with WW via the UK division. Glad you were able to get your money back; many don't.

I'm a Lifetime member for many years. I only had trouble once where I was charged, I did get my money back. As long as I stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight and get the voucher, send it in on time I've been okay. If WW does away with the free voucher, I won't be paying for it, I'll cancel it.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm a Lifetime member for many years. I only had trouble once where I was charged, I did get my money back. As long as I stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight and get the voucher, send it in on time I've been okay. If WW does away with the free voucher, I won't be paying for it, I'll cancel it.

I’m glad you said that.  I have done all of the above. I don’t like their new software where you enter the number.  I was treated like a criminal on the phone.  I told her to look at my history.  She still said for me to go get another scratch off.  I said no. I grew up with WW. I know how all of this works.  My husband cancelled, too.   No supervisor ever called me back and you wonder why their stock is is the dumps.  

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Oh, my.  Sorry it didn’t work out with their customer service for you @GSPgirl .  I’ve been in and out of WW for years with auto billing and never had a problem.  Fir me, the customer service has always been A+.

While I don’t like FreeStyle, the program works.....I just don’t work it at times.

Thanks.  This has been my favorite program so far.  You don’t get a new card every month, if you don’t weigh within 2 pounds.  So there was no reason why she wouldn’t give me my money back.  

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I don’t blame you for canceling. That’s why I don’t use automatic bill pay, 

Thank you.  Me too. My visa company gave me my money back.