Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers Tanks, Oprah Loses $117 Million

@SahmIam wrote:

@Noel7  Which is a good thing! Some cookbooks do (as the program was changing) but the older ones have the older points and the newest ones of the new points. A few bloggers who have cooking/recipes blogs include both (which is fantastic). You can't combine the programs because the number of points can REALLY differ betweent them.

An example of the extreme difference:

Dairy Queen Peanut Butter Malt

Old Plan:   29 points

New Plan: 58  points

Nothing changed EXCEPT how the points are calculated. You have to stick to one or the other, therefore.

I really appreciate your information @SahmIam. I do understand point counts can't be mixed, the food bloggers are great about it.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The Bad News:   Oprah lost  $117 million ... on paper.

The Good News:  Oprah can still eat BREAD ... every day.

Woman LOL

LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Imo it's the diet change and because they redid their website and it's terrible.

Add to that the app has not worked as well since the change.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@GusMo  Only if you have the old material. There is NO other option offered except Smart Points (the current plan). You are not allowed to discuss the old program with your leader or in meetings so you'll have to do it without them knowing. You can't combine them either, because HOW they come up with points info is completely different; it's one or the other.

I have all my old material, so no issue for me. People are selling it on ebay for $$$$. Guess why?

Why am I not surprised by that?

It is just one more reason why I don't like WW, and will never join.

They should be encouraging people to loose weight, no matter how it's done, so long as it's healthy.

Not only that, if they want to increase their membership, they need to lower their prices, because with all the free aps out there that keep track of what you eat, and how much you eat, and how much you exercise, and all the Fit Bits, out there, they are not going to be bringing in a lot of new customers.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@GusMo  Only if you have the old material. There is NO other option offered except Smart Points (the current plan). You are not allowed to discuss the old program with your leader or in meetings so you'll have to do it without them knowing. You can't combine them either, because HOW they come up with points info is completely different; it's one or the other.

I have all my old material, so no issue for me. People are selling it on ebay for $$$$. Guess why?

What a bunch of bunk. When paying for a service, and one that used a system for so many years, supposedly successfully, why would I put up with that.

I never liked WW, but do know a lot of people have seen a lot of success on it. I'm not in to meetings, and weighing in for every little pound lost or gained. Just to defeating, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Woman LOL

Yes she can & does, LOL ...  sorry for the silly gif, just adding flavor (of bread) to the quote.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Woman LOL

Yes she can & does, LOL ...  sorry for the silly gif, just adding flavor (of bread) to the quote.. 

Is this photo the before of her weight loss?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11, I believe so... if I am wrong I apologize..

I just found my PointsPlus Complete food companion and Dining out companion plus I still have the pointsplus calculator... I loathe smart points & haven't done well at all with it- I know I know, it's my responsibility and all that, but pointsplus worked better for me.

I sure wish WW had given us members the option for PointsPlus or SmartPoints and that huge online change still doesn't work properly.. 

Wonder if the O will become the CEO... if so I'll cancel my membership.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach  If I had a dime for every time I heard a member ask that question (why couldn't we have a CHOICE of keeping the old or following the new) or read it on the (NOW REMOVED FROM WW) WW community forum, I would be a very rich woman.

They deemed it so and there it is. HUGE mistake, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

Plain and simple...WW has become prohibitively expensive for many people.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment