Super Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers Tanks, Oprah Loses $117 Million

@SahmIam wrote:

@GusMo  Only if you have the old material. There is NO other option offered except Smart Points (the current plan). You are not allowed to discuss the old program with your leader or in meetings so you'll have to do it without them knowing. You can't combine them either, because HOW they come up with points info is completely different; it's one or the other.

I have all my old material, so no issue for me. People are selling it on ebay for $$$$. Guess why?

Thanks.....

I will look around some more.....maybe I just stuck the books someplace. Years ago, when I did WW it didn't seem so corporate. Now it seems so big business. I know they update the program as science progresses, but I also think it is to sell more cookbooks and other materials 

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@GusMo  Only if you have the old material. There is NO other option offered except Smart Points (the current plan). You are not allowed to discuss the old program with your leader or in meetings so you'll have to do it without them knowing. You can't combine them either, because HOW they come up with points info is completely different; it's one or the other.

I have all my old material, so no issue for me. People are selling it on ebay for $$$$. Guess why?

What a bunch of bunk. When paying for a service, and one that used a system for so many years, supposedly successfully, why would I put up with that.

I never liked WW, but do know a lot of people have seen a lot of success on it. I'm not in to meetings, and weighing in for every little pound lost or gained. Just to defeating, in my opinion.

I also start dividing the cost by pounds lost. Gets pricey.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@mima wrote:

First of all if they NEVER changed the program we would still be forced to eat liver twice a week and fish 5 times a week!  That is what I started out with back in the late 70's or early 80s.  I can't remember for sure the year.  That program worked too, but YUK!

The reason ice cream treats and other desserts have went up a bunch in points is that they are trying to get you to quit eating sugar. 

At our meeting we do our weigh-ins in  a really big closet (LOL).  I'm serious.  It is only the WW member and the leader in their.  No one knows if you gain or lose.    They do leave the door open and the line forms behind you.  They even have a sign saying to stay behind the sign to give privacy.  I have went for years and they have never announced weights in front of others that I can remember.  I wouldn't like that either.

My meetings cost $45 a month.  It is more if you pay by the week.  It is free to attend after you are a Lifetime member and you are within your goal range.

Hope that clears up a few things.

@mima, all that you say is true and I understand wanting to update things but it seems they were doing it every single year for awhile there. I don't know if they have continued to do that but for me, it was like starting a new diet all over again. It's always been hard for me to adjust to a new diet so I didn't like that.

If it stayed with that plan with a lot of liver, I'd have never given it a try. LOL!

I have a deep dark secret.  I ate the fish 5 times a week but I NEVER ate the liver.  LOL  I still lost really good though. 

I tried to disguise the fish or tuna in different dishes.  I loved chili.  I figured the spicy chili would overcome the tuna taste so I made Tuna Chili!  It was horrid.  My family still brings that up to me once in a while.  LOL

@mima  You must have joined about the time I did for the first time which I think was July 1970.  The stuff we'd do to that darn fish to make it edible.  I remember making cheesecake out of cauliflower and a pancake from a slice of bread.  Dieting is so much easier nowadays.   I remember tuna chili with green beans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@GusMo wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Thanks.....

I will look around some more.....maybe I just stuck the books someplace. Years ago, when I did WW it didn't seem so corporate. Now it seems so big business. I know they update the program as science progresses, but I also think it is to sell more cookbooks and other materials 

BINGO!

It's all one big con/game to get the customer to seperate with as much money as possible.

I swear, WW is practically cult-like with the way that they operate.

Honored Contributor

LOL!

A cult of people on a diet Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever noticed how their "deciples" never say anything negative about WW?

It's like they have been brainwashed in to believing that WW is the end-all and be-all of weight loss programs.

Yeah, cult-like.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

You might want to report your findings to the Southern Poverty Law Center.  They keep track of dangerous groups like that Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

A cult of people on a diet!  LOL you guys crack me up!!

Image result for weight watchers cartoon

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Oh, I remember the pancake made out of bread!  I don't remember the cawliflower cheesecake.  LOL  We also could never eat hotdogs and we made homemade ketsup! 

Things are so much easier now days, so why am I not thin?????

Valued Contributor

I still use my gadget (that calculates points) from the old system. Every once in a while I'll use it, if I'm curious as to how many points something would be, even though I no longer follow the plan full-time. Since they changed the system, I'm not interested in rejoining. Now I'm on the SAFT-D plan: Stay Away From The Donuts.