Respected Contributor

Weekend Christmas in July

[ Edited ]

I have watched all of Valarie's shows this weekend.  She is such a creative person.   Have enjoyed everyone of them and many nice items.  I am not usually a CIJ watcher, but I have really enjoyed this weekend and although I keep saying I have too much Christmas Decor, have bought several items.

If my grandchildren were still kids and not married adults, I see so many items I would want to decorate with.

Wish I was in the market for a new Christmas tree.  The TSV tree is just beautiful.  I like that the color change includes pastel and classic colors.

And the trees VPH has decorated, I want the one that is on now to be sitting in my house.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Weekend Christman in July

One thing I learned from posters here is decorate as you please and make yourself happy.

If decorating reminds you of when your children were small and thst brings you joy, then do it.

Life is short and while many complain and "just don't bother any more" there are still those of us who live as we please. Even if it's only to tick off  The Scrooges in our lives. 😇

Esteemed Contributor

I love decorating for the seasons! I find it so calming to sit surrounded by things I love.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I love decorating for the seasons! I find it so calming to sit surrounded by things I love.

I agree @Nataliesgramma . I'm one who decorates my front porch with eight different seasonal themes. Inside, I have a large antique trunk and I change the decorations on it for the season. 

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, her show was very enjoyable yesterday.   I saw quite a few things I liked, also in Jane and Jen's show later on.  I am one of those who is not buying though, or should I say trying hard not to!  LOL   

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

One thing I learned from posters here is decorate as you please and make yourself happy.

If decorating reminds you of when your children were small and thst brings you joy, then do it.

Life is short and while many complain and "just don't bother any more" there are still those of us who live as we please. Even if it's only to tick off  The Scrooges in our lives. 😇

Some people aren't "SROOGES",they are just unable to get the tree, dcorations, and things out to make a beautiful, Christmas. I for one decorated to the hilt, I can't do it anymore. So my decorations are on my opened kirchen table, and it makes me very happy. I like others have reached a place in our life, where we can't do it. And please if you decorate to 'tick" people off, you have forgotten what Christmas is about. I wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!

Frequent Contributor

Agree Snowpuppy about everything you said.  Especially the Scrooges   😀

Regular Contributor

Re: Weekend Christmas in July

@KathyM23 wrote:

I have watched all of Valarie's shows this weekend.  She is such a creative person.   Have enjoyed everyone of them and many nice items.  I am not usually a CIJ watcher, but I have really enjoyed this weekend and although I keep saying I have too much Christmas Decor, have bought several items.

If my grandchildren were still kids and not married adults, I see so many items I would want to decorate with.

Wish I was in the market for a new Christmas tree.  The TSV tree is just beautiful.  I like that the color change includes pastel and classic colors.

And the trees VPH has decorated, I want the one that is on now to be sitting in my house.

@KathyM23 How wonderful! I love your post. I've been watching all weekend long and I, too, fell in love with the TSV Christmas tree yesterday! It was once of the most beautiful trees I've seen on QVC in a while. And Valerie? Oh my goodness, what a talented lady and her items are even more stunning in person!! If only I could make my trees look as beautiful as hers. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Christmas is all about the tree for me. I don't care about putting lights on the house or  blowup Santas in the yard, or any of that.
I have ornaments that belonged to my great aunt and grandmother, and ones from my own childhood. The ones my own kids and grandkids have made are always on the tree as well. I love seeing them all together.  The last two years, I have asked my kids who were here to choose one of my ornaments they wanted for their own tree and to take it home with them. It is my way of clearing out the embarrassingly huge  amount of Christmas stuff I have accumulated over the years. They have all spent a long time picking out just the right ornament...it was nice to see they meant enough to them to want to take one. One son picked out one he had made in third grade..it was a wooden teddy bear he put his thumbprint and name on when we went to. Christmas fair so long ago...and he remembered..sniff.