Super Contributor

Re: Wedneday will be all day kitchen items.......

On 6/2/2014 gazelle77 said: Just Go to Good Will....there you find all the purchases from last years QVC kitchen JUNK day..... And where Wednesday's JUNK will also end up.

Wow! I willl have to check it out! I have never sent any of my stuff there..

I love to cook and entertain... And so do my kids,who I love to buy things for...

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/2/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 6/2/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/2/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 6/2/2014 Melania2 said:

Snoozefest-a-rama!!

I just don't get their pricing. You can go to amazon and do much better with free shipping.

And get a real brand.

What do you mean by "get a real brand".....????? You mean when they give you the name of an item on the Q that it isn't a real brand?

I mean on Amazon you can get Le Creuset and All Clad vs. Technique and Temptations. You can get Xoxo and Calphalon and Norpro utensils rather than Prepology and that Mark Charles stuff. Brand names that can be purchased on the Q, such as KitchenAid, can be purchased just about anywhere else for less.

I gather then, that you are not a fan of the kitchen items offered on the Q. What are the things you are interested in that the Q offers?????? And do you buy from the Q?????

Edited by me.

I do buy some things on the Q, but I don't usually buy kitchen stuff, electronics, recliners, beds, etc. I don't buy beauty products either. Smile

I think some things are a good value on the Q and some things aren't. No insult to anyone intended.

Honored Contributor

I DVR many of the kitchen shows on hsn and have found many items that I had never seen and make doing things easier to make and/or clean or whatever.

Home Solutions I find lots of things, in fact just ordered a couple in the last few day. No here however.

My thoughts? I don't spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen but whenever I can find something that makes what I do easier/faster or better? If nothing else I give some of them serious thought.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/2/2014 gazelle77 said: Just Go to Good Will....there you find all the purchases from last years QVC kitchen JUNK day..... And where Wednesday's JUNK will also end up.

gazelle, you know as well as I know, that it isn't all JUNK they will be offering.

yes, when talking $400 mixers and blenders.... they are EXPENSIVE junk.

Valued Contributor

I have more kitchen 'stuff' than I have places to put it, but I still like to watch product demonstrations. I won't tune in all day, but I will tune in for a bit of it.
Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 stilltamn8r said: Love it! Wish I would be home to watch it...kitchen stuff is about all I buy on the Q....

hahaha .... that's the reason I'm glad I won't be home to watch. Too tempting.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

I rarely buy but when I have, I've been very pleased with anything I have received..
Respected Contributor

I love all-day kitchen programming, but I agree with others who say that it's the same old items over and over. I get many kitchen catalogs and there really hasn't been any major new product inventions in the kitchen arena for many years, so it's not QVC's fault. I'm sure they're looking, but there's only so much they can do.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 stilltamn8r said:

Wow! I willl have to check it out! I have never sent any of my stuff there..

I love to cook and entertain... And so do my kids,who I love to buy things for...

The only thing I have ever brought to Goodwill (kitchen items) are TempTations.

I know better now...they are junk!

Super Contributor

Ugh...I really dislike 24 hours of anything, and kitchen things are among the worst. I won't be watching.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion