Honored Contributor

Re: Wedding Day Weather…How Was Your Weather On Your Wedding Day ?

It was a typical hot July day in KY with temps around 90. We still took a few photos outside. Thunderstorm toward end of the reception.

Honored Contributor

@Abby1967 wrote:

Wedding Day Weather..... How Was Your Weather On Your Wedding Day ?

We had a Perfect Fall Day 🍁

Our wedding day ❤, other than the walk to the courthouse, was fine. February 14th, in our neck of the Midland,  is generally pretty cold. Our day was no exception. Since no part of it was outside, and it was attended by only close relatives and close friends, weather never entered my mind.

The significance of that day, in relation to other events in my life on that same day, in different years, was what mattered to both of us. I now have a very happy event to kinda overshadow the others.

john

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

June 1st in Ft Lauderdale, Florida - very hot and humid.  

Trusted Contributor

Mostly cloudy in AM with threat of rain. By time ceremony began at 1:30PM the sun was peeking through, and it turned out to be a lovely afternoon and evening for our outdoor reception. This was August 1968, 53 years ago!  I'm still here and married to hubby, thanks be to God, and the top layer of our wedding cake is still in my freezer.....with one missing slice which we ate on our first anniversary!  Well, it's pretty much a petrified cake rock now. 😄

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Mostly cloudy in AM with threat of rain. By time ceremony began at 1:30PM the sun was peeking through, and it turned out to be a lovely afternoon and evening for our outdoor reception. This was August 1968, 53 years ago!  I'm still here and married to hubby, thanks be to God, and the top layer of our wedding cake is still in my freezer.....with one missing slice which we ate on our first anniversary!  Well, it's pretty much a petrified cake rock now. 😄

OMG, when you take that 53 year old cake out of the freezer I hope you send us a picture.  Smiley Very Happy    I can't even imagine!  But I'm intrigued.

Honored Contributor

Very cool, nippy day; snow flurries when we walked out of the church.   3 days later we had a blizzard and more than 30" of heavy, wet snow.   

Honored Contributor

Las Vegas in April for me.  Nice weather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First Wedding: 

Muggy, overcast day in June for 4:00 p.m. wedding ceremony in Central Maryland.  It rained during the reception, which lasted until after midnight.  It was my disastrous marriage.

Second Weddings: 

a.  Civil Ceremony - An unseasonably warm and sunny day in Northern Virginia in early March (nearly 90 degrees and a record-breaker that I think still stands).  Married at the home of a local Justice of the Peace.  We each needed to obtain an ecclesiastical divorce, so we did the civil ceremony and then went to the Archdiocese in NYC to comply with religious protocol to marry in our church.  We each were given an ecclesiastical divorce from our first spouse. 

b. Religious Ceremony - A spectacularly beautiful day in May in Washington, D.C.  Perfect temperature, lovely sunshine.  Clear all day and night.  A dream of a marriage.

Honored Contributor

It was beautiful- sunny and HOT! We got married at the end of July.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

We were married on October 13 in NE Ohio.  It was snowing as we came out of the church.