Honored Contributor

Re: Weatherman hosting parade with Dan Hughes and Jennifer Coffey

My little town has a Christmas parade.  This year was the 72nd year.

Santa never disappoints.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Oh good grief.  It’s a West Chester, PA Christmas parade.  That weatherman, Adam Joseph, has emceed for several years, as he’s very well known there.  QVC is merely sponsoring it, so they include their hosts as well.  

The world is is so much bigger than QVC.  Merry Christmas.🎁🎄 

Honored Contributor

http://www.elliott.org/wp-content/uploads/complaints-e1284478840312.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Oh good grief.  It’s a West Chester, PA Christmas parade.  That weatherman, Adam Joseph, has emceed for several years, as he’s very well known there.  QVC is merely sponsoring it, so they include their hosts as well.  

The world is is so much bigger than QVC.  Merry Christmas.🎁🎄 

I'm sorry I always thought the parade was sponsered by QVC. Let's be real 99.9 perecent of the country does not know Adam.... wouldn't it make more sense to have exlusively QVC hosts doing the emceeing. No disrespect to the local community was intended. I thought QVC ran the parade.

Honored Contributor

@Doc74Caroline had to be replaced because of illness -  the weatherman from Philly would be well-known to many who live in the West Chester area, so I thought he was a good replacement on a day when finding a sub might have been difficult.

Whether I'm watching the Macy's Parade or The Rose Parade or QVC's Christmas Parade, I truly don't much care who the hosts are although I did think it was good of QVC to include community even at the announcers' table. 

Honored Contributor

Almost anyone is more believable than a QVC host.  It's a community parade, not a QVC parade.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Albuquerque has a big Christmas parade.  We have a smaller one in my community.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'd love for QVC to organize something like this next year. Perhaps a good idea would be to televise their corporate Holiday Party and let us get some insight to what these people are like when they aren't selling. 

Esteemed Contributor

My town has the Hollywood Lane Parade.  It use to be known as the Santa Claus Lane Parade.

Respected Contributor

Folks from local TV stations do tons of these type of events...charity events in particular. It goes with the job so to speak. Sometimes they do it for free sometimes for a fee.

I have been to two charity auctions recently that were emceed by a newscaster and a weather person. One requested a fee and the other was given a gift certificate.