Regular Contributor

Weather in Nashville early November?

Thinking of  visiting Nashville first or second week in November. Airline tickets and off season rates are tempting.  Wondering about typical weather during this time.  Fall colors still out?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Weather in Nashville early November?

Very happy to have you visit Nashville! It's a great city and there's so much to do here. Yes, the Fall colors should still be around on November. They might just be starting to show! It's been hotter than usual for this time of the year, but it can change in a flash, of course. Usually, it's still relatively warm or moderate in Novemer. I think a light coat world suffice. I only remember one Thanksgiving that was bitterly cold. Enjoy your visit!

Honored Contributor

@...@Preds, can help you out with information.

Honored Contributor

It's going to be hit or miss.  I asked this question last year when DH and I were planning a Nashville trip in October.  The poster Preds told me some falls there are cold and some are beautiful.

We went at the very end of October last year. We were there Halloween weekend.  When we arrived on Friday afternoon, the sun was shining and it was in the low 60's.  By nighttime, it got cool enough you needed a sweater or light jacket.  Saturday and Sunday it was a drizzly rain all day long.  Again the temps were in the low 60's during the day but it was chilly at night. 

I far preferred the weather when we were there in May.

But I would highly recommend Nashville.  We are looking to go again but we prefer to stay right downtown and the hotel prices are nuts.     

Super Contributor

As far as leaves changing, this year should be better than last since the last couple months we got a lot of rain. I'm hoping it won't be as dreary as the last couple years.  As of right now, our daytimes are still in the 80s (and we idle at humid weather). The evenings and nights are already dropping into the 50s as well as early mornings.  The storm season seems like it's gonna be a rough one so that will lalways have some sort of effect (we're 500 miles from the hurricane and 20-30mph winds called for saturday bc of it). This isn't Alaska but at least have a light lined jacket with a hood, an umbrella and shoes with good tread, we get ice here in a heartbeat.