Honored Contributor

Re: Weather channel drama ...

Our local cable network took the weather channel off,we no longer get it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Omg, caught in the act.  But to be fair 99% of those shots with the reporters are staged.  Someone this week asked about reporters being in danger and of course they aren't.  It's all tv folks, it's all about getting people who live 1000 miles away something interesting and exciting to watch.  The only thing that is suprising with this incident is that the Weather Channel did it in such a dumb and clueless way.  Probably an inexperienced producer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am glad that a lot of the public got to see this ridiculousness.. It's been going on for years. I don't watch the news/other shows because of this.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Talk about shock............I was watching The Weather Channel when Vivian Brown was live on air, and announced she had just been "let go".  

I had been watching her for years.........and never went back to that channel.   

@Desertdi- Vivian Brown has joined one of the Atlanta stations, CBS I think, as one of their on air meteorologists.  I was happy to see that. I always liked Vivian and was sad when she was let go. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

I saw on that channel and others how they stand out in the middle of water up to their waist almost and out in the winds that almost knock them down. Why is this necessary? We understand the weather without them doing all of this!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently, many people do not understand the dangers of hurricanes!

Super Contributor

This thread is so petty. Have you seen the flooding and destruction from this storm??? And lives lost?

I live in NC. It's no joke!!!

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

I think one of the reasons the weather channel puts their reporters on the hardest place to stand is to encourage people to be aware of the possible danger even when the wind power of the storm has decreased so much.

And keep in mind that when some of these storms go through, one side of the street can be quite safe while the other is blown away or flooded or both!

Dyring Hurricane Jeanne in Florida, there was no damage to the house I was in, but along the roaw of neighbors visible from the back terrace, every house lost everything attached to its read wall -  and had no damage to the front of the house!

Some years later when Superstorm Sandy hit, the houses across the street from us were flooded and had massive damage yet just a few feet east of them, no water invasion at all.

Be very careful of what you believe and not just when you're shopping!

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@qualitygal  Or there could have been a few big fans blowing against him to simulate a huge wind, as the young men walking behind him certainly did seem unaffected by wind.

Hurricane etc are the weather channel's bread & butter. Too bad they can't honestly report what is truely going on. 

Last year during IRMA we were in Pa.and kinda depending on the weather channel to know what was going on at home.Eventually DH was able to bring up WINK in Ft Meyers on his computer & we chromecasted it to our TV. The story was totally different on WINK - and way more accurate than the weather channel.

Actually, both reports could have been 100% accurate if the reporters were a block from each other.  That is the nature of hurricanes!

Honored Contributor

@Tabbycat wrote:

This thread is so petty. Have you seen the flooding and destruction from this storm??? And lives lost?

I live in NC. It's no joke!!!

Yes, it is very sad.

The thread is about fake reporting of the news. (which happens to be weather)