Honored Contributor

I went to bed last night expecting up to a foot of snow. Imaginemy surprise this morning when faced with over 30 " of the white stuff !  It was daunting because it was heavy and hard to deal with. A city about an hour from me got 41 ".  Last year we got hardly more than a dusting , this is a whole different ball game.  Well I guess we will have a white Christmas.  ☃️🎄☃️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I live in the midwest and it's been a number of years since I've seen that much snow when I grew up in Iowa. My jaw dropped when I saw the 30". Stay safe!

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Do you live on the East Coast?

That’s a lot to shovel 

Honored Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

That’s a lot to shovel 

@Reconnaissant , Yes I do, and it required a snow blower and shovels , and there is still more to do tomorrow.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

That’s a lot to shovel 

@Reconnaissant , Yes I do, and it required a snow blower and shovels , and there is still more to do tomorrow.

@QVCkitty1 

Please be careful and stay warm.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I live in the midwest and it's been a number of years since I've seen that much snow when I grew up in Iowa. My jaw dropped when I saw the 30". Stay safe!

@jannabelle1 , When I tried to walk through it this AM, I fell over into a big snow bank. I felt like a turtle on it's back, and must have look ridiculous. 😊

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

So now I feel like I shouldn't complain, I got about 10 inches. I will say I do all the shoveling, the rain and sleet did me no favors, the snow was icy and heavy to shovel. Did anyone else not get mail? What happened to the credo of through snow, sleet, and hail we will get mail?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So now I feel like I shouldn't complain, I got about 10 inches. I will say I do all the shoveling, the rain and sleet did me no favors, the snow was icy and heavy to shovel. Did anyone else not get mail? What happened to the credo of through snow, sleet, and hail we will get mail?

@Jordan2 , Complain away, heavy snow is heavy snow and  ice just makes it worse. No mail for us, but I understand completely.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  Probably wouldn't have been much of a problem if the snowstorm hadn't come during Christmas rush. We received mail although later than usual. We have a mail truck not a walking mailman but for each climbing over snowbanks probably slowed things down also.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also on the east coast and was also expecting about a foot.  Was surprised by the 4 or so inches that we got!