Trusted Contributor

Re: Wear these Pajamas Anywhere

I don't think so!  Just how casual are we going to get?Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I think wearing slippers out is nuts, but admit some carol hochman things are nice , why is that different than those crazy logo tops ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Take those same "pajamas," and call them "loungewear," and suddenly people will pay more $$$$ for them, and wear them anywhere. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It's a no for me. Comfy clothes are one thing, but I wouldn't wear pajamas to the store.

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram

Don't own any pj's, which used to come in a set of 2, back when I did buy a pair or two. Top and bottom. My pants, that some think look like pj's, I bought in the men's pants section of a Kmart, a few years ago. Liked 'em so well, I bought 10 different designs of them. Love them.

Hey, to some I always look "tacky"!  Wasn't that long ago my wife told me "you look like a homeless man".

Sooo!!!  That next b-day number is going to be a big one, eh?  Make sure you put the "c" in my nick the next time, I love getting the "mentioned" in my notifications.

Stay well,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

But @Nataliesgramma,

I don't even own a pair of jeans!  Bibs? Yes, wore them to work every day/night. Quit wearing jeans decades ago, not comfortable on my body.

T-shirts? Wear 'em ice skating(long sleeved) and I have at least a 100 of them, both long and short sleeved. All from different distances of Road Runs, and several from our States Winter Olympic Games(Speed Skating Participant).

I really don't think YOU would think they look "tacky" on me like @IdahoGram mentioned in her post. Do you?   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

Why does QVC promote wearing pajamas "out anywhere"?  People tend to dress pretty comfortably as is these days, but pajamas should stay at home.  Not "out and about" as touted during the Carole Hochman shows.  Just my opinion, I realize, but really?

Most pajamas don't come with "THESE ARE MY JAMMIES" printed across the front. So then what's the difference between a pair of pajamas and a casual outfit you wear outside? As far as I can tell, the only difference is you sleep in a pair of pajamas and you probably don't sleep in your casual outfit clothes.

If you don't sleep in them and wear them outside instead, who will know the difference? Some of the pajama sets are really cute and work as casual wear. I would not wear them to sleep in, roll out of bed, and then wear them out to coffee, but there are some pajama sets you can buy and wear outside instead of wearing to bed.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

I will never understand why someone will wear pajama pants in public in the middle of the day (unless you are an infant or toddler).  My kids will loudly say "why is that person wearing pajamas in public"  I can't even tell them they shouldn't say it so loud because I agree.  I just hope that person hears so they think about what they are wearing next time.  Every time we walk into Walmart my daughter mentions that we always see someone in their pajamas.

Why not tell your daughter some people are not as fortunate as we are,maybe that's all they have to wear? I think it i very rude for them to comment so loud,people do have feelings..

Honored Contributor

Being a cancer patient and having to have chemo treatments at the doctor's office at the hospital, for over 3 years, I have never seen a patient come in to the treatment room in their PJ's......  In fact, most of us try to look pretty good when we go there.  

I do have a few of Cuddl Duds lounge wear outfits that would be very appropriate for going in for treatment, but have never done that.  Plus it is always so very cold in there.  The reason I have the Cuddl Duds outfits is because getting cold is a part of having the treatments.  We are fortunate that they give us heated blankets when we are cold.  

Many of these folks are very very ill when they come in for treatment and am sure they wish they could be in their jammies.  There have been some days I wish I could have been in mine.....but never did it.

Just want to say one more thing about PJ's.....I think that they cover up much more than a lot of other pieces of clothing than what I see some folks wear.  

Also, because of having a tumor on my back at the location where a bra would cause trouble, I have to go braless....., guess I would be knocked down with comments about that on here.  I have no choice.  I do go out that way, but I know why, and don't care what others think of it if they know I am not wearing a bra. 

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56

AMEN!

√

4 Paws

√

=^..^=  =^..^=  =^..^=  =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)