Respected Contributor

Just caught a glimpse of a "wear and share" company that sends you three pieces of clothing for $79/mo that you can wear and return (or buy if you really like the piece) .  People say the clothing came in a box in pristine shape.  Would you "rent" your clothing?  (Seems really expensive to me.)

Honored Contributor

no I like to shop for my own clothing and buy on sale, but there are people to whom this appeals to

don't link this company or it will be deleted

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

no I like to shop for my own clothing and buy on sale, but there are people to whom this appeals to

don't link this company or it will be deleted

@jackthebear - Thanks - I didn't get the name of the company - I was just interested in the idea of "renting clothing" - just caught the basics, but not details.

Honored Contributor

@HoosierGirl

is it me or seems as though the censoring has picked up this past week?,

my comment was in general to anyone following the thread

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@HoosierGirl

is it me or seems as though the censoring has picked up this past week?,

my comment was in general to anyone following the thread

@jackthebear - you are correct - that's why I tried to word this "correctly" - thanks for your concern. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginalNot something I would do -  I can count on my fingers the years when I bought 36 items in one year, so there's too much turnover for me.

The second issue is money - stick with this for a year and you've spent "only" $1000.  And what do you really have?  I assume there's another cost if you want to own some of those pristine items.

But, hey, it's less than $3 a day!  Hardly anything.

Valued Contributor

One of our local TV hosts said she does this. She always looks great, very classic styles, but still...not something I'd care to do. At the end of the year, you have nothing!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Just caught a glimpse of a "wear and share" company that sends you three pieces of clothing for $79/mo that you can wear and return (or buy if you really like the piece) .  People say the clothing came in a box in pristine shape.  Would you "rent" your clothing?  (Seems really expensive to me.)

No. I would buy on sale before I would do that. With bedbugs and other health scares lately, renting clothing would be the last thing I would ever do.

Honored Contributor

Seems the demo they're targeting are the 

oh-so-popular "$30,000 Millionaires."

Valued Contributor

Maybe if it was something for a special occasion I would, however I cannot see doing this for everyday clothing.