Honored Contributor

Re: Wear Your Pearls this Weekend For Mrs. Bush

@Sooner  And The late Mrs Bush was certainly a remarkable woman, listening to all stories of those who had the pleasure to know her.

A good friend of mine on fb posted a pic of herself in her lovely three-strand pearl necklace in honour of Mrs. B.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a beautiful jester.  A beautiful woman .  WHAT A LADY !!!!!!  A TRUE LADY !

I sure will wear my pearls for her.

Respected Contributor

I will wear pearls this weekend too.  What a great suggestion!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

What a sweet way to honor Barbara.  She was such a wonderful woman who had her priorities straight.  She and George lived an honorable life devoted to God, their country, and their family.  They raised a huge sum for charity.  They were dignified people who were a credit to our country.

Isn't it interesting that Barbara never owned very expensive "real" pearls?  From my recollection, Jackie never owned "real" pearls either, despite her massive collection of expensive jewelry.  I still miss the shows selling replicas of Jackie's jewelry.  I bought a couple strands of these pearls, made of Czech glass, and have received compliments when I have worn them.  

Valued Contributor

Been wearing my pearls for Mrs. Bush since Wednesday.  I do not have a triple strand but today I am wearing royal blue with a large pink pearl (costume) necklace and bracelet.  I always liked Barbara Bush- she will be missed.

Valued Contributor

She was a great person!

May she rest  in peace!

Respected Contributor

I am wearing blue and pearls to work today

Esteemed Contributor

@blueluna, thanks for posting.  I found the article very interesting.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

What a lovely idea.

I have real and I also have that strand they sold a long time ago from KJL that they called First Lady pearls or something like that.  

All of you with real pearls probably know that pearls "like" to be worn, they seem to last longer that way, and also pick up the warmth from your skin.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

It makes me smile to know how many of you are proudly wearing your pearls!  What a sweet thing for all of you to do!