Honored Contributor

Re: We went to our towns holiday celebration

We have a parade (we're on year 75ish, somewhere in there) and then we have a Friday night tree lighting ceremony and a short train ride with Frozen characters.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I don't do Christmas during Advent..I do Advent

Honored Contributor

This past weekend our town had their annual holiday house tour on Saturday and parade on Sunday.  It was cold but I went on the house tour with a friend.  Lots of Victorian & Colonial homes with some dating back to the 1700s. 

We have an historical society in town so the homes have to maintain a certain look from the front.  What I thought was interesting was that all had old front rooms like parlours and original dining rooms but the backs all had new open concept kitchens and family rooms...they were all beautifully done mixing the old with new.  Lots of very pretty holiday decorations!

Honored Contributor

@cherry 

Why is it necessary to bring religion into a seclar event it was a sweet small town holiday celebration 

@cherry wrote:

I don't do Christmas during Advent..I do Advent

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

You asked a question and I answered it. I do the 12 days of Christmas...

Honored Contributor

@cherry 

No questtion and no offense but keep religion out of my thread 

@cherry wrote:

You asked a question and I answered it. I do the 12 days of Christmas...

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox  I was at the Halloween Mystery last year too! I checked the Lyndhurst site, I don't see The Night Before Christmas Readings scheduled. Just the Dickens reading until the 29th.

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 

Thanks i will take a look at that 

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@I am still oxox  I was at the Halloween Mystery last year too! I checked the Lyndhurst site, I don't see The Night Before Christmas Readings scheduled. Just the Dickens reading until the 29th.

Honored Contributor

We went to our town's Christmas Tree Lighting for the first time.  We don't have any young children and they hold in the early evenings so, we never thought about going.  We thought it just for kids.  It was so much fun!  Our "downtown" is called The Village and the whole are has colonial feel to it.  In act, there are strict ordinaces about what store fronts must look, like colors buildings can be painted, parking.  So, we went and had such  good times.  Lots of kids, of course, because Santa and Mrs. Claus made their grand entrance in a white convertible.  There was carolling and down on one end, there was talent show for teens.  They passed out bags of popcorn, cookes, pizza and stocking hats with LED lights in them.  The town and the merchants did an amazing job.  There was still snow on the ground and it  sort of looked like one of those Hallmark movies.

Honored Contributor

Albuquerque has the Jingle Light Parade.  About a mile long, it features all sorts of animals including lamas, horses and adoptable dogs, various highly decorated vehicles, including low riders, and elaborate floats.  Everything except the animals is covered in hundreds of lights.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment