Honored Contributor

We went to our towns holiday celebration

I was inspired by all of the Hallmark holiday movies I have been watching.It was cold but a lot of fun, lots of Christmas and Chanukah songs

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: We went to our towns holiday celebration

What was the celebration like? Downtown? Outdoors? Was it cold? Sounds like fun.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

So it was cold and there was singing.  What else?  Was there food?  Things for sale?  Lots of decorated trees?  Help us visualize this happy occasion.  

I just looked at a live cam in Aspen, Colorado and it was snowing like crazy.  How about where you are?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake 

We have no "dowtown" it was not hear town hall, it was at a major junction of streets in town

@jeanlake wrote:

What was the celebration like? Downtown? Outdoors? Was it cold? Sounds like fun.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Our town is having one on Friday night. It is in a park in the middle of town with a lovely decorated gazebo. There will be local musicians, horse and wagon rides, ice sculptures, live reindeer, warm fires and refreshments, and of course Santa. We have had it every year for about 10 years or so, and it's usually cold, but no one seems to mind. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

It was about 35 the Girl Scouts provided hot and cookies and the Boy Scouts presented the flag and lead the pledge and they were selling wreaths. We have one tree, a nativity scene and a Menorah that is lite every night

@Kachina624 wrote:

So it was cold and there was singing.  What else?  Was there food?  Things for sale?  Lots of decorated trees?  Help us visualize this happy occasion.  

I just looked at a live cam in Aspen, Colorado and it was snowing like crazy.  How about where you are?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Are yearly thing is actually the lighting of the NYS tree. They have crafts and food and music and they'll be fireworks at the end. It was today but I forgot all about it. It's a nice event but I haven't been in years.

Valued Contributor

We went to Lyndhurst Mansion in Tarrytown, N.Y. to see the beautiful Christmas decorations and see A Christmas Carol Reading. Always alot of holiday celebration things to see&do in the area.

Honored Contributor

Christmas time, where I live, is magical. Small town America. Parades with lighted floats, hot coco contests, Santa arriving on a real sleigh. I participated our our towns Christmas Open House on Saturday. All the tiny boutiques had sales, hor'devours, cocoa,coffee, homemade cookies all while your shopped. Then they wrapped your gifts for free. My dh and I shopped for each other and it was a blast. Love small town liv ing!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 

We have been to Lyndhurst several times, we went last year for the Halloween "mystery" and the Christmas tour. I have to check out and see if they still have the readings of the Night Before Christmas

@DianeJ2 wrote:

We went to Lyndhurst Mansion in Tarrytown, N.Y. to see the beautiful Christmas decorations and see A Christmas Carol Reading. Always alot of holiday celebration things to see&do in the area.