Honored Contributor

Re: We went out for dinner! 3 times!

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

We used to go out to casual places just about every day.

Just can't do it now. First, my husbands health has declined substantially since March and second, I just don't feel comfortable yet to go out and eat in restaurants yet because of the virus.  I just can't do it. 

@gidgetgh, I'm so sorry about your husband's health situation. Smiley Sad

@suzyQ3 - thank you. He is very sick.  These past 3 months have been torture. And I am on my own with his care.  It's a nightmare that repeats every day.  I am so sad and scared. 

@gidgetgh, that breaks my heart. Could you arrange to some homecare so that it's not all on your shoulders?

@suzyQ3 - we really haven't been letting people in during the pandemic.  If I had someone come in a few hours a day or every few days, I don't really have anything else to do and don't feel comfortable going out and shopping for fun and stuff with the virus still present. And I don't know that I would feel comfortable having someone come in, when they've been with other patients also,  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I think you need a new bagsbyapril as a little pick me up. So sorry your DH has been not so good. 😔
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

We used to go out to casual places just about every day.

Just can't do it now. First, my husbands health has declined substantially since March and second, I just don't feel comfortable yet to go out and eat in restaurants yet because of the virus.  I just can't do it. 

Smiley Sad I wish I could give you a hug!

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh   I’m so sorry to hear of your past few months.  I totally understand about bringing others in who may have been with other patients.  Take care, and try to take care of YOU, too.  Blessings and hugs.

Honored Contributor

We felt much safer ordering takeout from Bob Evans and Outback, and sticking to drive thru at Wendy’s and Dairy Queen.  

We will not be dining in anywhere.   I have witnessed many times how restaurant employees “clean”, and have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that the measures being taken will ensure a safe environment for eat in customers.   

Super Contributor

Wonderful!!!  

Trusted Contributor

I have hardly given a thought to eating out.

DH did bring home KFC $20 deal got 3 meals out of it!!

Oh and I did get my first burger at Sonic Drive-In. 

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx  It's really good to hear how quickly you adjusted to going out again. We humans are very adaptable!

I don't know when I will feel okay about going to a restaurant again--or much of anywhere else, really. Not any time soon. 

Respected Contributor

I wouldnt dine in anywhere in the country now.  No meal is worth that!

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

Hi neighbor I am in Eastchester, we can not wait until the cafe at Barnes and Nobel re open, being nosy where have you gone, I am waiting for medical clearance to go which I hope I get soon.

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Grouchomarx If it's not too personal, what state are you in? If you don't want to say, that's fine too. Just curious.

New Rochelle, NY.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.