Honored Contributor

Re: We went out for dinner! 3 times!

I have not been inside a restaurant, but I did not do that much before to begin with.  I have no problems doing takeout.  We are in phase 3 and restaurants are allowed 75% capacity inside as of June 12.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

WHY???????

Honored Contributor

I am supporting my favorite restaurant by doing take out.  Food just as goodSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@kivah 

Amazing what people think, the Hampton's is a beautiful beach area that attracts well of people who are well off and those that are not, I know people who have homes otu there and they do not have a wait staff, it is by no means Beverly Hills

@kivah wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

I have always felt normal without going out to eat.

I used to feel normal before the pandemic, riots and all the BAD news from the media, tv and print. Going out to eat does lift one's spirits.

Today I had a big order delivered from Costco instacart --- and having something to eat feels very rewarding. I literally have to cheer myself up every day to cope with the new America. It does affect ur mental, emotional and physical health. People feel like prisoners in their homes/apts. While the rich and famous tough it out at the Hamptons, mansions and beach homes - with people waiting on them hand and foot.

Thank you!  I have a home in the Hamptons, and I've known many people over the years who have lived here too.  Some are wealthier than others, but lots of us are certainly not "waited on hand and foot".  Personally, I have had a very tough time during this pandemic - to the point that the details are far too painful for me to go into here.  All the money in the world wouldn't have made a bit of it any better.

No one knows the trials and tribulations of other people or what they're dealing with, so being flippant about "the rich and famous toughing it out in the Hamptons" is insensitive.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@desertrat8 wrote:

@suzyQ3  @shoesnbags 

One does not ask questions regarding diagnosis, data, numbers, etc as to risk losing ones' job.  And this is not anecdotal. Will say no more.

@desertrat8  You do know you are not the only one that has friends who work in hospitals. It seems the hospitals around here are not shrouded in mystery. Yes, we speak to our friends. 

Exactly.  None of this is being kept secret.  I have several friends and close relatives who are physicians and have been knee-deep in all of this, including an epidemiologist and two ER physicians in NYC.  They have been very forthcoming about what they know, what they've been told, and what they've observed.  Everyone I know who works in the medical field is permitted to share information - in fact, it's encouraged.  

And apart from that, data and numbers are readily available.  

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@kivah 

Amazing what people think, the Hampton's is a beautiful beach area that attracts well of people who are well off and those that are not, I know people who have homes otu there and they do not have a wait staff, it is by no means Beverly Hills

@kivah wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

I used to feel normal before the pandemic, riots and all the BAD news from the media, tv and print. Going out to eat does lift one's spirits.

Today I had a big order delivered from Costco instacart --- and having something to eat feels very rewarding. I literally have to cheer myself up every day to cope with the new America. It does affect ur mental, emotional and physical health. People feel like prisoners in their homes/apts. While the rich and famous tough it out at the Hamptons, mansions and beach homes - with people waiting on them hand and foot.

Thank you!  I have a home in the Hamptons, and I've known many people over the years who have lived here too.  Some are wealthier than others, but lots of us are certainly not "waited on hand and foot".  Personally, I have had a very tough time during this pandemic - to the point that the details are far too painful for me to go into here.  All the money in the world wouldn't have made a bit of it any better.

No one knows the trials and tribulations of other people or what they're dealing with, so being flippant about "the rich and famous toughing it out in the Hamptons" is insensitive.  

@NYC Susan, I'm so sorry. I hope things have gotten better or that they will very soon. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@kivah 

@kivah wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@NYC Susan, I'm so sorry. I hope things have gotten better or that they will very soon. Heart

Thank you so much, @suzyQ3 for your very kind words. It means a lot.   Heart