Esteemed Contributor

Re: We went out for dinner! 3 times!

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Grouchomarx   Funny you said that.DH & I were so excited to finally see outside dining that we went out to lunch twice & dinner once!! It was liberating & felt fantastic!! 🥂🍻

Glad people are getting out and supporting restaurants and small businesses. While the Big Box Stores are wide open!!!! Easy to buy alcohol and marijuana. The government makes big bucks from these businesses.

Super Contributor

It is sooo liberating to have dinner out!!  As I said a couple of weeks ago, I feel normal again.  Yes, I live in AZ and I believe the reason for the 'spike' in the number of cases is all the testing that is being done now. I couldn't believe the line at CVS on Friday.  AND that's with an appt.

Honored Contributor

Restaurants for outdoor dining have finally opened here a few days ago.  I made a reservation for lunch on Wednesday with some friends....and we hope to go out again the following week too!

I'm excited!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Wow!  I am so jealous.  Our restaurants opened but no one in my family feels safe going....

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

I think our restaurants just opened up for in person dining yesterday.

I really wish I felt comfortable going in to eat, I just don't. I miss it so bad, we were use to eating out a few times a week at least.

I'm happy for you, though, @Grouchomarx.

Hopefully our state will start to have better numbers and I'll feel more comfortable soon.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

I have always felt normal without going out to eat.

I used to feel normal before the pandemic, riots and all the BAD news from the media, tv and print. Going out to eat does lift one's spirits.

Today I had a big order delivered from Costco instacart --- and having something to eat feels very rewarding. I literally have to cheer myself up every day to cope with the new America. It does affect ur mental, emotional and physical health. People feel like prisoners in their homes/apts. While the rich and famous tough it out at the Hamptons, mansions and beach homes - with people waiting on them hand and foot.

I also think that my mental, emotional and physical health is the same as it was prior to the pandemic.

Esteemed Contributor

@desertrat8 wrote:

It is sooo liberating to have dinner out!!  As I said a couple of weeks ago, I feel normal again.  Yes, I live in AZ and I believe the reason for the 'spike' in the number of cases is all the testing that is being done now. I couldn't believe the line at CVS on Friday.  AND that's with an appt.

In other words the cases didn't exist until they were counted after testing?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

I have always felt normal without going out to eat.

I used to feel normal before the pandemic, riots and all the BAD news from the media, tv and print. Going out to eat does lift one's spirits.

Today I had a big order delivered from Costco instacart --- and having something to eat feels very rewarding. I literally have to cheer myself up every day to cope with the new America. It does affect ur mental, emotional and physical health. People feel like prisoners in their homes/apts. While the rich and famous tough it out at the Hamptons, mansions and beach homes - with people waiting on them hand and foot.

I also think that my mental, emotional and physical health is the same as it was prior to the pandemic.

Then that's a good thing since you can do all the things you use to do.  

Super Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 -I want to go out and eat but it doesn't sound fun anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@desertrat8 wrote:

—————————

The increase in testing does not account for all of the increases in cases and hospitalizations. Unfortunately our governor does not seem concerned with limiting the spread of the virus, only that we have enough hospital beds after people get very ill.