Respected Contributor

Re: We saw a flock of Robins today

Just last week on my kitchen window sill were several (3) chubby little dark brownish/black birds...then another 1 landed and another 1 LOL! 5 in total all crammed in together...I called my son over and we just watched them chirping...I don't know what kind of birds they were but they made my DAY!  It has been very very cold here....didn't even think birds were hanging around lately.  

Honored Contributor

skylark

lived in upper midwest growing up and chicago land area during nurse school and during my husband military stay (teacher) at great lakes.

Boy how I remember those winters, trick treating in snow pants growing up, walking to school in a snow suit with a large scraf wrapped around my face

Regular Contributor

I'm in Minnesota where it is very cold (shocking, i know) and i saw a flock of at least 20 Robins last week eating from a berry tree at a church by work. If they have a food source, they will stick around.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack

I have cardinals on the brain today. I read the word robins but was thinking

about cardinals.

Sad story. Feel bad for the birds in this bitter cold weather. Poor little things.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe Phil the groundhog has it right!

Respected Contributor

One year here in Fort Myers,  there were large flocks of robins for a couple weeks in winter. Must have been the most severe weather back north. Never saw them again since. 

Esteemed Contributor

How cool!  I don't think I've ever seen a flock of robins.

When I start seeing them in spring I will be soooooo happy.

Honored Contributor

The last time I saw a flock of robins was when they were falling down drunk...no kidding Woman LOL ...from eating some over-ripened berries I had growing on a bush in my yard. At first I thought I had a bunch of sick birds falling over in my yard until I watched them eating those berries.  It was so hilarious!! I had to call my neighbor over so she could witness the 'party' ...LOL!!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I’m a bird watcher.  I love to read what birds people in other areas, are observing. 

Today, I saw lots of ducks, a few turkey vultures, and a great blue heron.

Love reading that some of you see cardinals!  

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The last time I saw a flock of robins was when they were falling down drunk...no kidding Woman LOL ...from eating some over-ripened berries I had growing on a bush in my yard. At first I thought I had a bunch of sick birds falling over in my yard until I watched them eating those berries.  It was so hilarious!! I had to call my neighbor over so she could witness the 'party' ...LOL!!Woman LOL

@SilleeMee

Lol!