Honored Contributor

We saw Paul McCartney last night

Unlike our friend Pood, we did not have front row seats or get to meet him during the sound check.

First, let say he was WONDERFUL. (and looked fantastic)

The concert was at what was once known as Giants' Stadium.  The parking lot opened at 3, the gates at 6, the concert was at 8. (with no opening act)

As I am having surgery next week, I am a bit physically challenged and thought we'd go in early, before the lines became too long.  We arrived at the parking lot about 5:45. The parking lot was filled with tailgaters.  As we walked through the parking lot, we encountered numerous drunk revelers.  The smell of marijuana was prevalent.  It was apparent we were overdressed. (I wore a maxi dress with wedge shoes, my husband wore khakis and a button down shirt)

We breezed through general security, but had a secondary checkpoint inside the stadium because we were on the field.  We thought our seats were great.....WRONG.  If you prefer to sit and watch a concert, never sit on the field.  The seats are not banked, and if like us, you have 2 large, dancing females in front of you, you cannot see a thing. I caught  glimpse of Paul on stage. (he appeared to be about 2" tall)  Occasionally I could see him on one of the 2 large screens flanking the stage.  Our seats were folding chairs, tied together.  We had seats 1 & 2 on the aisle.  In seat #3 was an extremely large man.  Behind us was a couple with a 10 day old baby.  The baby was born 6 weeks early and they were not going to waste the tickets.

7:45 came and the stadium was about half filled.  A security guard said the concert would not begin until everyone was in.  At 8:30, Paul appeared.  He sang (without a break) until 11:15. FABULOUS.

My husband and I first experienced The Beatles in January, 1964.  Last night held such sweet memories.

Honored Contributor

Re: We saw Paul McCartney last night

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 Glad you had a great time! (Sorry you had dancers in front of you!)  I loved that you and your husband saw him in the 60s. Very cool.

I wish you the very very best of luck next week! Heart please keep us posted on your recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@lulu2 Glad you had a great time! (Sorry you had dancers in front of you!)  I loved that you and your husband saw him in the 60s. Very cool.

I wish you the very very best of luck next week! Heart please keep us posted on your recovery.

@Mj12

Thanks, MJ12Heart

I hope you and your family are well.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2, how exciting!!!  

Too bad about the seats.  You never know until you get there, I guess

Good luck next week.  As @Mj12 said, please keep us posted 

Heart

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing!  Sounds like he put on a great show. How nice to see a legend.

Hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery.  Prayers for you.

Honored Contributor

@bri20
Thanks bri20.Heart 
It must be back to school time at your house.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee

Thank you, LyndaGee!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2  That was a great present to yourself!   I saw McCartney at a large indoor venue  last fall (2015).  It was one of the best evenings of my life.  I also have tickets for his current tour and am so excited about it.  In fall, I thought it might be my last chance to ever see him ever again and now I'll be seeing him  soon.  

Last year I had seats close enough to see him clearly and also he was projected on screens throughout the venue I was in.  He is jaw-droppingly talented, just an amazing man (Maybe I'm  Amazed LOL).  I loved the stories he told about writing the songs - he has so much charm and charisma.   He sang for over three hours (no opening act) and still didn't want to leave the stage when it was over. In his 70s! The guy just loves to perform!   There was more than one encore and he seemed totally energized even after 3 hours.   I couldn't get over hearing the songs sung by the man who wrote them .... it was an incredible experience.  His wife Nancy was there too, sitting in the first row (I saw her when he introduced her).   The music was so great.  I love the "tributes" he did to John and George via their songs - I thought that was very nice.  I left that concert last  fall saying, "That was so great that if he was playing here in town again tomorrow night I would go again!"   He wasn't and I didn't, but I am seeing him soon anyway.  You got me psyched!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@lulu2, just about.  Thanks for asking.  

Youngest goes back next week.   Oldest goes back after Labor Day.  

School supplies, books, and dorm gear are everywhere.  Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee

His wife was sitting in the front row last night too.  He said she was a Jersey Girl. (I thought she was a Hamptons' girl)

He did the same tributes last night.  The biggest difference in the outdoor venue had to be the fireworks, perfectly timed to the music.

Have a great time at your next concert.

PS    I did notice he has a young, handsome guitar player. He was featured on the screens frequently.