Esteemed Contributor

Be careful.. water brings out critters.

Honored Contributor

I'd be concerned about an ambulance or fire truck not being able to respond.  

Respected Contributor

Meh. We're pretty much flooded in on my island as well. The last 48 hours have been an adventure, to say the least. While it was light outside, I sat in my living room and watched the storm unfold in the Gulf. Fortunately, we never lost power (yay!) but a number of streets are underwater. By Saturday it should all recede. Until then, I'll just walk where I need to go and be extremely happy that I'm merely inconvenienced. It's part of life in Florida. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Re: We’re still stuck

[ Edited ]
snoop wrote:

Be careful.. water brings out critters.

Yes, Be very careful. Look at this.

Matt Devitt at WINK NEWS posted ...

HUGE FLORIDA GATOR!

Yep, this monster is real. Caught on camera during Hurricane Eta in Naples.

While Eta’s strong winds and rain pushed most people indoors, it drew out an alligator that took a stroll along a Naples golf course. A now-viral set of photos and video shows the massive gator walking toward the water, his thick tail dragging behind. 

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover 

I think his brother was in my yard (Tampa) this morning😳😳

2A5187DA-DC69-4A68-BA9A-4D763207A38C.jpeg

The retention ponds are full luckily are streets are not!  The wildlife officer was in our area today warning gators are out in full force.  I asked him if they'd be trapping them -- not unless they're a "nuisance"...yikes scared the h##l out of me!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MorningLover 

I live on golf course w/woods behind and see them all the time.  I would think the neighbors would be scared having a gator that size "cruising" their neighborhood 😳.

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover that gator gives me nightmares.  It’s huge.

Honored Contributor

It's funny to see an alligator standing like that.  I always imagine them with short legs and their bellies against the ground.