Respected Contributor

We're having a heat wave !

[ Edited ]

It's currently 2 degrees, wind chill -22  with 40 mph wind gusts !  We received about 2" of snow from yesterdays storm. I went to the store yesterday morning about 10 am  just as the storm started with light sleet, got back and haven't left  home  since !  Tomorrow morning's actual temp is supposed to be around -15 !    Winter just started 2 days ago !!   I sure hope this is just a one time storm for the season ! even the Arch has ice cycles !! Stay warm everyone !

Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

Re: We're having a heat wave !

Will be joining you soon! Northeast -hammered with torrential rain and hurricane wind force at present. Maine well known lighthouse at coast badly damaged with some flooding here at Cape Elizabeth - temps soon to fall and flash freeze. Many without power - everyone stay safe-prayers 

Honored Contributor

I can relate. That winter storm hit us too. We have snow on top of ice because the roads were wet from rain and when the temperature dropped over 40 degrees in a few hours they flash froze. It was -5 here this morning with wind chill of -25. Will get all the way up to 5 above zero today. Can't wait for Monday when highs are back in the 20s. Stay safe and warm everyone. 

Trusted Contributor

Right now in New Jersey, the sun is going in and out (mostly) and there's some snow flurries.  

Trusted Contributor

Meant to say the sun is going in and out (mostly out).   Very windy too.

Honored Contributor

I am in Georgia and we have no snow but the wind chill is something I haven't felt since Jersey.

I felt my face go on fire just walking in from the parking lot to work. I haven't needed a scarf in 20 years but you better have one down here right now. The wind chill is no joke.

You better have your hat, gloves, and scarf down South or you're going to lose some digits and rival Rudolph with that nose!  

Honored Contributor

We anticipated a lot more snow than we actually got, maybe about 2".  Lots of wind and some drifting though.  Woke up to -11F with a WCF of -36F.  It's warmed up since.  Currently it's -1F with a WCF of -27F.  Wednesday thru the NY weekend, it's going to range from the high 30's to the low 50's.  All the snow will disappear and this weekend will be a memory. 

Honored Contributor

The wind and dropping temps is what is hurting us.  It's 20F now (it was 45F this morning) The wind chill is 12F and wind is awful.  We're missing things from our front porch.  The wind is noisy.  You can hear it.  It's supposed to be 15F this evening.  So far our power is holding out.  One more bad day tomorrow.  The high will be in the teens. Then it will move up to 30F.