Honored Contributor

Re: We're giving up on grocery delivery

@september wrote:

There are only two other stores (besides TJ and Whole Foods) where I've shopped since the covid crisis began, and they were good, also.  One was Market Basket, where the selection of products is just so huge.  If I need a bit of everything, that's the place to go.  

The other is Target, where I can pick up basic grocery items as well as various other things. That's where I'll go tomorrow, to get tea, coffee, Burts Bees facial wipes, maybe paper towels, if they have them!

Market basket is really great .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 

Something quirky is going on with Kroger/Instacart. Its interesting that all the Instacart complaints come with INSTACART/KROGER deliveries....HMMMM

I have used Instacart through HEB grocery stores for a couple of years and am IMMEDIATELY emailed a receipt.  And I can also view the receipt/transaction under Account, click Your Orders. and click VIEW RECEIPT in the top left hand corner on the website. ....Any adjustments for stock not available or replacements are processed within 7 days of your order....(per Instacart Website).....And I see it reflected on my bank statement .....  My orders and what I receive PERFECTLY match up!!!! 

Perhaps in HEB's contract with Instacart they specify certain hiring practices for Instacart employees while Korger leaves it all up to Instacart and they dont screen or enforce proper Instacart procedures. 

Without disclosing personal info....here's the receipt I got emailed immediately after my order was completed and delivered on 4/30/20.....

Your Instacart order receipt
Inbox
x

Instacart <orders@instacart.com>
Thu, Apr 30, 9:54 AM (1 day ago)

to me

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I was going to try Instacart, but couldn't get a delivery date for over 3 weeks. I'm glad I abandonded the idea! I'm very fussy about what I buy, I'd be really upset if I'd asked for a particular brand of chicken breasts and got something else. 

To be honest, I'm not in one of the high risk groups and there's no reason for me to NOT go to the grocery store. The only issue I've had is the one time I was crazy enough to go to WalMart in hopes that I'd also be able to buy a couple of non-grocery items that I was looking for. Of course, they had neither in stock, even though the website said they had them. I did buy a couple of boxes of raspberries and a large carton of Greek yogurt - and had to stand in line for 45 minutes to pay for those 3 items. Never again.

I've confined my shopping to a couple of smaller, local chains and haven't had any problems getting things that I want, and haven't encountered any huge crowds. I went to the small shop that I buy meat from at times and got about 4 months worth of chicken breasts, pork chops, pork tenderloin and steaks for my freezer. All individually packaged and ready to go. A bit more expensive than Meijer, but well worth it. 

@FrostyBabe1 

I've never had a problem with Instacart and great communication with my Shopper through text message.  I indicate what I want, and also give them a replacement, if neither is available they will usually take a picture and ask me what product I would like as a replacement, if the shelf is bare, they immediately indicate a refund for that item....  And I can also approve or disapprove any replacement items on the app as well....People just need to pay attention while the instacart person is shopping their order...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am doing very well using Instacart for my delivies--have used them to get groceries from QFC, and now am trying Fred Meyer. Have gotten everything with a few ok'd exceptions and most times my order has come way within my delivery time. I can add to my list or subtract stuff easily or cancel all together----my shoppers always text me when there is a problem and even takes pics if needed. I place my orders at least a week in advance too and as early in the day as possible---seems to work really great. Also use Safeway/Albertsons service too. I am in WA state-----so far very good.

Honored Contributor

Just finished my order with Instacart.  Just delivered.  It was great and very fast!   LOL  It's 6 times I've used them and each time it was very good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To each their own I guess...Upon a suggestion Ive tried Trader Joes and shopped in 2 different Trader Joe stores and have not been impressed ....even the chips I bought were stale (expiration date was months in advance)....

Honored Contributor

For all those critical of the posters here who use grocery delivery, many of us live in areas with large numbers of deaths from Covid19. We also have underlying conditions where we have been told to avoid public places.

We have been using Amazon Whole Foods and the past week Amazon Fresh seems to once again have delivery slots open. The fresh produce has been dismal but if you receive something inedible, Amazon will make it right and refund your money.

I live on fresh produce and don't/cannot eat starches and some of the staples my husband can eat. A typical dinner is a salad, one vegetable and a protein source such as flounder fillet or roasted chicken. If I deviate, my insulin costs go up exponentially and I already spend a small fortune on it without adding more..

So some of us can't substitute foods nor can we necessarily go out to buy what we need. We are very much dependent upon grocery delivery.

Respected Contributor

That's awful! I'm sorry to hear it's happened to you and seems to be happening all over.

I've been using grocery delivery for a few years now and haven't had any issues, but I think that they've had to hire a lot more people, probably with fewer checks in place and that their shoppers are also feeling unsafe and taken advantage - some are striking this week. Not that any of that excuses what happened, but I think the stress is contributing to poor choices.

I just placed an order with Shipt and will check extra carefully when it arrives! I used Amazon, Instacart, and my direct store app a lot before all this and since the lockdown, I've been using Shipt more and have better luck with Shipt. I haven't been able to get an Amazon Prime Now delivery time since March 12.

Respected Contributor

For the most part, I've had good luck with Amazon Fresh and InstaCart. However, I do have a very hard time getting delivery right now from Amazon Fresh. InstaCart is actually better for me right now.

I've always gotten a receipt for exactly what I've ordered. Although there's been a time where I was billed for something I didn't receive. It was very quick and easy for me to tell InstaCart that and to receive my refund. 

I'm sorry this didn't happen for you.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  We don't have any diet restrictions.  But we always eat salads everyday for lunch.  When I can, I get Ready Pac Bistro salads.  Its has some kind of meat in it (my husband insists)  I used to get from Amazon.  But after the slots dried up, I went to Instacart (Wegmans) and I get them without fail each week.   I was with Amazon Fresh for 3 years.  After everyone else found them, I was stuck.  Still can't get open slots from them.  So I went elsewhere.