Respected Contributor

Re: We're Supposed To Get It Today....

Parents warned early in day preschool would be closing early. Guess who was late- mom who does not work outside home. Employees couldn’t leave.
One school district let kids out two hours early but made teachers stay two hours. I am sure they got a lot done, right??? Just contributed to more of the congestion. One teacher posted pics of her totaled car.
Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
Parents warned early in day preschool would be closing early. Guess who was late- mom who does not work outside home. Employees couldn’t leave.
One school district let kids out two hours early but made teachers stay two hours. I am sure they got a lot done, right??? Just contributed to more of the congestion. One teacher posted pics of her totaled car.

My guess on this is that they wanted to be sure all kids were gone before letting teachers leave.  That was a good idea, so as to not have a kid left behind in the school.  Just my thought on this.

Hope the totaled car wasn't yours.  

Honored Contributor

It's snowing again.  And they are pretty big flakes.  Not sure when it's supposed to quit here.  

Honored Contributor

Ours is falling in earnest now.  Sticking because it has been so very cold here for several days.

We are expecting 4 - 7 inches.  Yuck!

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Ours is falling in earnest now.  Sticking because it has been so very cold here for several days.

We are expecting 4 - 7 inches.  Yuck!

@golding76.......Hope it is 4 instead of 7.....  It was raining here a while ago, but now it has stopped.  Now they are going to have to worry about black ice.  A lot of the big hunks of snow on the evergreen trees has dropped of, but still a lot out there.  The parking lot is one big mess.  No place to go with that much snow when they plow.  It will be quite a few days yet before my car can be gotten to to get it cleaned off.  Thinking I will have mother nature take care of that situation.  

Will be watching the 10:00 pm news tonight to get the latest on everything.

Jeanne came by with some home made soup for me.  She wanted to know if I needed anything because she was going to go to the store.  I was really in need of some Tylenol capsules, so she did pick some up for me.  She said many of the stores were closed.  Guess many of the employees couldn't get out this morning.  Even Good Will was closed.  

There was no way for me to have the things done today that she wanted to get done.  I would have had to help her, and my back was giving me a problem today, and I know when that happens, it is best for me not to do any lifting or anything like curtains, etc.  There's always another time for that.

Am watching HGTV tonight.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How kind Jeanne is.  You are fortunate to have such a caring neighbor.  I have a hunch that you are a caring neighbor, too, ShowMe.

The evening news reported that the St. Louis airport believes this is the worst storm for them, ever.

p.s.  I'm hoping our accumulation is on the lower side, too.  Now they are predicting we might have a second wave of snow tomorrow afternoon, driving the total even higher.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

How kind Jeanne is.  You are fortunate to have such a caring neighbor.  I have a hunch that you are a caring neighbor, too, ShowMe.

The evening news reported that the St. Louis airport believes this is the worst storm for them, ever.

p.s.  I'm hoping our accumulation is on the lower side, too.  Now they are predicting we might have a second wave of snow tomorrow afternoon, driving the total even higher.

@golding76......yes, I am so fortunate to have such kind neighbors.  I do try to do for them where I can....  I feel I am so very blessed.

I don't agree that it is the worst storm here.....On January 21, 1982, we got about 18 inches....they called that a blizzard.  I remember it well.  

Here's hoping you won't get that second wave tomorrow afternoon.  And hope you have plenty in the house to eat.  Hope you're not planning on going out any place.

Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are going to get that second wave.  Forecasters originally thought most of this would stay south of us, but you know the weather -- unpredictable.

Plenty of food, thank heavens.

I must say I could not help but think of those in the area who could not shop for extras because they are federal workers who did not receive a paycheck, have little to no liquid cash and must stretch what little money they have.  I am very aware of their plight.

Honored Contributor

@golding76.......morning......

I just read the MSN page this morning.  There was one report on there about the storm.  It is moving across the country now to the DC, VA, and Baltimore area today.  And they said you should be getting about 1 to 2" of it today.  It is still snowing here this morning.  Not heavy though.  On the local news last night the did say that the storm we had in 1982 was about 13".....  That was not correct.  I have some pictures of me standing in the driveway with the snow up to my upper knees....that was about 18".  Wish I could post one of those pictures on here, but I can't do that.  

They showed a clip on TV of a local man grocery shopping with some Federal Employees.....he was paying for their groceries.....don't know how many, but what a kind gesture.  And those folks had their grocery carts full, and quite a few bags to get loaded into the cars.

Know many folks will be happy to see the snow melting and things can get to normal.  

Glad that you don't have to worry about food.  Keep warm and safe. 

Honored Contributor

Well, it's at it again.  Some very large flakes coming down now.  It's not just flurries either.

You should see the top of the dumpster.  The stupid idiot that left the lid up on one of the 4 corners didn't put it back down.  Lots of snow on top of it, and lots of trash bags on top of that.  Hope they pick the trash up tomorrow.