Esteemed Contributor

Re: We're Supposed To Get It Today....

So far we have about 6" of snow in the St. Louis (and many Missouri locales), and it will continue to snow into tomorrow evening, so I bet we end up with 9" or 10". That's definitely a lot for us - usually only happens every 4 or 5 years. We're retired so we stocked up this week...plenty of food for us, cat food for the fur babies, bird seed and corn for the deer and a couple of bottles of wine for me! I'm set and we have no plans to go anywhere! I'm just praying we don't lose electricity. This is a big storm and looks like it's heading to Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.

Respected Contributor

Accidents and cars off the road on I-64/40 in Chesterfield. My daughter was at the grocery store today (her boss told everyone to go home whenever they wanted to leave)  She stopped at a Schnucks grocery store in West St. Louis County and said the wine shelves and beer shelves were about empty. People are stocking up for the weekend. Grocery lines were long today, glad I didn't have to by groceries. We may get up to 14 inches by Sunday morning. I'm glad I have a garage !   

Honored Contributor

My brother is in St. Louis.  I'll have to give him a call tomorrow & see how things are.  We're supposed to get 1-3" here in southeastern Pa and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's just a dusting!

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia

We live in NC's piedmont and the forecast is small amount if snow, but ice is also possible.  It doesn't take much ice to bring down tree branches which break power lines.  I'd rather have a foot of snow! 

Honored Contributor

Well, there's not much we can do about the weather any more tonight.  Will be interesting to see it in the morning.  I can't believe it, but Jeanne upstairs from me has gone out this evening.  Last evening when she was doing my laundry she mentioned that she was so looking forward to the weekend because she has no plans.  I did hear her come home, moved her kitchen chair so she could eat her supper, then it got quiet.  She parks her car next to mine, and one of the numerous times I went into the bedroom to look out the window, I noticed she was gone.  I know she doesn't have to report to me or anyone, but I do worry when she is out on a night when the weather is bad....and that it is tonight.

I'm going to go get into my jammies now, and watch the weather report....it will be on in a few minutes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night's sleep.  Let us know in the morning how it is where you live.

Good night everyone.

Respected Contributor

DD traveled 3 miles in 5 1/2 HOURS!!! Started out 3:30 from work. We were all ready for wine.
Honored Contributor

Well, it is still snowing here in the St. Louis area.  The evergreen trees are loaded, but the electric wires are not too bad.  

They were here and plowed the parking lot.  My, what a mess it will be when the huge piles of the plowed stuff starts to melt.  And yes, my car is plowed in on 3 sides.  

As long as I have lived in this building, there has always been a Shell station across the street.  It is no longer a Shell....it is a Circle K.....new owner.  When it was a Shell station, it was always plowed.  But today it hasn't been touched.  

We have made the news......  Currently it is 32 out there.  Supposed to get up to 34 some time today.  

What's it like where all of you live????

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
DD traveled 3 miles in 5 1/2 HOURS!!! Started out 3:30 from work. We were all ready for wine.

Last night on the news they were showing cars literally sitting....not moving....on the Interstates.  Batteries were giving out, and some of the other drivers were able to get those cars started again.  These were mostly folks just trying to get home from work.  Really felt for them.  

Esteemed Contributor

Rain for a week in Southern California. I moved out of snow country 50 - 60 years ago. Had enough in northern Minnesota--grew up

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Rain for a week in Southern California. I moved out of snow country 50 - 60 years ago. Had enough in northern Minnesota--grew up

@halfpint1......smart move.

Bet a few of the posters on this thread are shoveling their way out today.  Maybe we'll hear from them some time.

It is a heavy wet snow this go round.