Honored Contributor

Re: We're Supposed To Get It Today....

@SunnysMom wrote:

Snowing here.  By Hillsdale Lake...south of Olathe KS.   Headed your way St Louis....we r to have 2 to 5

@SunnysMom......it arrived.....and really not nice out there.  Supposed to get up to maybe 12"....or more.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Stay warm, @ShowMe!  Just got back from the store (broke a bottle of wine in the parking lot, darnit (don't really need it, anyway), ready to take the dog for a walk in the sunshine while it lasts!

@Sweetbay magnolia.....oh no....a bottle of wine.  How did you do that????

Hope you enjoyed your walk and sunshine......

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ShowMe  Just the opposite her in the Seattle WA. Area.....sunshine and so warm! 50 degrees plus!  I was out doing yard clean up from the huge wind storm we had  week ago....was wearing a tee shirt raking!  It feels like spring in January 🙂

@SeaMaiden.....oh for crying out loud.....that's not fair.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Gees, it's dark in Tx.

(sorry)  

@SharkE......I bet you're sorry......LOL

Honored Contributor

Cold though, real cold like in 30's

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm so jealous!  We only get maybe one snow a year and it's a fluke.

So good you sound prepared with getting your grocery shopping done.  Now you can nosh and watch the snow fall.  That's got to be fun.  And 6-9 is a pretty good snowstorm.  

It is FREEZING here in the 40's and will dip close to 32* tonite.  Will be happy with 50's and sunshine early next week.

What do you mean your neighbors windshields are covered?  Do they put something on their cars or do they have snow on their cars already?

@Lucky Charm......They told us on the news that it could be 12" or more before ending.  Enough already.

Honored Contributor

I like winter better then summer.

Summer is huge electric bills and highs in the hundreds like 108

that's no good !

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Stay warm, @ShowMe!  Just got back from the store (broke a bottle of wine in the parking lot, darnit (don't really need it, anyway), ready to take the dog for a walk in the sunshine while it lasts!

@Sweetbay magnolia.....oh no....a bottle of wine.  How did you do that????

Hope you enjoyed your walk and sunshine......

I wish I knew!  I grabbed a bag and the wine just fell out of the cart.  I picked up as much glass as I could.  Then my dog ran out the door while I was vacuuming the front porch and when I grabbed him he bit me .  .  . ouch.  Now the people behind me (on acreage) are firing guns at something.  Never a dull moment!

I did enjoy the walk, however!  I guess we'll live to tell the tale another day.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe A plane slid off the runway in Columbia..

DH and I pray for everyone to stay indoors where it’s safe because it’s not worth the risk.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are due too.  Just glad it won't be on a Monday.  I don't think it will be a problem by Monday.  Supposed to start Saturday evening in to Sunday.  Temps hovering on the freezing mark.  So long as it's not ice, we should be OK.  About 2"to 4".  Probably closer to the 3" mark.

Storm is called Gia