Respected Contributor

Re: We're Supposed To Get It Today....

Snowing  heavy here in St. Louis County, they are now prediciting 9-12 inches. We haven't had a snow storm like this in several years. I do not like the cold and snowy weather. UGH !!  1 small snow storm is enough for me for the entire winter.  We have had power outages in the past from snow on the trees and power lines so I hope that doesn't happen.  Stay safe everyone in the line of this storm.  Bring on Spring !

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Snowing  heavy here in St. Louis County, they are now prediciting 9-12 inches. We haven't had a snow storm like this in several years. I do not like the cold and snowy weather. UGH !!  1 small snow storm is enough for me for the entire winter.  We have had power outages in the past from snow on the trees and power lines so I hope that doesn't happen.  Stay safe everyone in the line of this storm.  Bring on Spring !

@Goodie2shoes.......Yes, I'm afraid we are in for it this go round.  Just watching our local channel 4.  Doesn't look good for tonight.

I agree about the concern about losing our power.  It is a pretty wet heavy snow.

Highway 44 out in Eureka is more or less at a stand still.  You can't even see across the street from here.  

Just made a full pot of coffee and am putting it in an insulated coffee pot.  

Art Hill will be packed tomorrow with sledders......

Respected Contributor

Hoping for snow. We’ve hardly had any winter st all. My husband played golf last week, and we’re north of you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They are saying an inch per hour....and it is very slick out there.  Saying it will go on like this until Saturday night.  

Honored Contributor

Winter has arrived in maine ,i have enjoyed us having only a liitle snow, but it is cold here ,i had to go out to get some things today, had my down coat on ,gloves ,my cuddi duds pants, warm top ,boots ,boy did i get HOT in the stores!!Woman Frustrated

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I am in Central Illinois and we are to get 6 inches or so.  Has not started yet.  I got all my errands done yesterday and this morning so we can just stay in all weekend.  

I love snow!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Going to take a break from here and get my dishes done.  

Was going to have beef barley soup for my lunch.....  But instead had a chicken sandwich.  In a little bit I will be heating up the soup for my supper.  That's all I want to have.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Take care and hunker down. 

My my older sister and her two kids and families live in Columbia, St Peters, and near Poplar Bluff. I guess they are all getting it.

I can’t believe I-44 and I-70. Wow!!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@ShowMe Take care and hunker down. 

My my older sister and her two kids and families live in Columbia, St Peters, and near Poplar Bluff. I guess they are all getting it.

I can’t believe I-44 and I-70. Wow!!

@OKPrincess.....Yep, those around St. Peters and Columbia are probably as bad as we are where I iive.  Don't know too much about Poplar Bluff area.  

Jeanne, who lives upstairs from me, just made it home a few minutes ago.  Glad she made it safe and sound.  

My neighbor across the hall called me a short time ago and told me that a snow plow truck had overtuned.  So, if one of those dudes has turned over, you know it is pretty bad out there.

There are now saying that from St. Louis to Columbia, it is coming down pretty quickly.  Saying it could total up to 12".....     36 hours of snowfall.  Maybe even more flurries on Sunday.  

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Hoping for snow. We’ve hardly had any winter st all. My husband played golf last week, and we’re north of you.

@libbyannE.... when you say "north of you", how far north?