Honored Contributor

We're Supposed To Get It Today....

Yep, starting early this afternoon we are supposed to be getting a snow storm here in the St. Louis area.  They are predicting 6" to 9", going into tomorrow.  Currently it is 30 out there.  Perfect for the snow to come in.  

Looked out my bedroom window to the parking lot....several tenants have their windshields covered.  Thank goodness I don't have to even try to go any place.  And am glad I got my groceries delivered yesterday afternoon.  Imagine instacart is pretty busy about now.  As are the grocery stores.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: We're Supposed To Get It Today....

It's uncertain, but we may get an inch or two in the Piedmont of VA.  Of course, it is not a huge event, but I am still going to the grocery store this afternoon - might as well be comfy and cozy.  I am fortunate.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

It's uncertain, but we may get an inch or two in the Piedmont of VA.  Of course, it is not a huge event, but I am still going to the grocery store this afternoon - might as well be comfy and cozy.  I am fortunate.

@Sweetbay magnolia....maybe you can make it to the store before it starts to come down.  

Respected Contributor

We actually NEED snow in southwestern Michigan. We've had very little and the winter dependent businesses are hurting. The ground is frozen, but it's missing the insulating cover that snow provides for many landscape plants and grass. I know 6 to 9 inches of snow in 24 hours will seem daunting to those who don't see it very often, but around here it's just another normal winter day. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

We actually NEED snow in southwestern Michigan. We've had very little and the winter dependent businesses are hurting. The ground is frozen, but it's missing the insulating cover that snow provides for many landscape plants and grass. I know 6 to 9 inches of snow in 24 hours will seem daunting to those who don't see it very often, but around here it's just another normal winter day. 

@FrostyBabe1......would love to send it your way.  When we get that kind of snow here, seems folks go crazy.  Many of them shouldn't even be out driving in it.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm so jealous!  We only get maybe one snow a year and it's a fluke.

So good you sound prepared with getting your grocery shopping done.  Now you can nosh and watch the snow fall.  That's got to be fun.  And 6-9 is a pretty good snowstorm.  

It is FREEZING here in the 40's and will dip close to 32* tonite.  Will be happy with 50's and sunshine early next week.

What do you mean your neighbors windshields are covered?  Do they put something on their cars or do they have snow on their cars already?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm.....they have their windshields covered with those things they sell on the Q and other places.  It makes it easier to clean off their cars.  Also, it covers the side mirrors and wipers.  Do a pretty good job of it.  

Honored Contributor

We are getting more rain today with a temp of 40°.

Suppose to get rain/snow tomorrow but at 37° that would be rain.

I don't look to get much snow. Probably like last weekend where it was raining, snowing, sleeting, raining etc.

Stay Warm & Stay Safe. That's a lot of snow. We don't get snow like that here.

Respected Contributor

It started snowing in Santa Fe around 8:30 this morning and is still coming down.  It is soooo beautiful and we don't have to go anywhere today so it can keep coming down.  

Supposed to stop between 1 and 2.    Winter wonderland.

Honored Contributor

In New Jersey we are supposed to get 2-4 inches starting Saturday night. It's been sooo windy, along with the cold.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ea/2a/1f/ea2a1f361f3a6d4ce4f54ea2ed3685fd--snow-quotes-funny-winter-quotes.jpg