Honored Contributor

Re: We need another category called Good News

Early in the vaccine distribution when getting an appointment was a challenge of epic proportion, some posted their "good news" of securing an appointment. Posters had negative comments, but they were few.

There is a poster who shared her life, many enjoyed

her posts, including me. Unfortunately, a couple criticized, mocked her so that she seldom posts now. Nothing was gained while enjoyable posts were lost.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe we just need more @SandySparkles  and less Debbie Downers! 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 Nice idea but as you can see from some of the uninterested responses, it would never remain on topic.

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac Awww. Thank you for your kind words! You are such a positive example of what is GOOD about these boards.😊👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

There are posters here who seem to enjoy arguing even the most innocuous topic into the ground, that's just a fact. Who justify any post as sharing their opinion. That's where the saying about opinions comes from. Posters who seem to never have a positive word to say about anything or anyone.

I try to escape it say in the fashion forum, and threads are dumped on there for no reason too.

In my life I know that my opinion doesn't always have to be shared. It's hardly that important. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

For a "Good News Post" there sure is the usual trashing of posters going on. I think I will opt out.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We don't need a "good news" forum. If you want to post something that you think is good news, we have two perfectly fitting forums for that.

@suzyQ3 Yes but where are the arrows letting us know where these nuggets of joy are, hence the reason for wanting a separate category.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Good News threads belong in the Among Friends forum.

If the good news concerns children, grandchildren, they belong in the Mom to Mom forum. We don't need more forums.

@occasionalrainnot everyone desires to hunt and peck for good news nor is everyone interested in the forums mentioned.  I appreciate your opinion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(Got rid of the slightly snarky Elsa gif for the sake of peace and togetherness.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@PorcelainI just came back...am I not allowed to post to those who replied to my thread???