Honored Contributor

Re: We need another category called Good News

@catter70 wrote:

I guess if you can't do it here, you can go to the good news website. That's all it is.

I follow good news pages on Instagram. It's good for wellness.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

There is nothing stopping us from creating our own community hash tags.

We could start titling threads with good news as GOOD NEWS and then the title. "GOOD NEWS - I Just Won a Million Dollars."

I'd also appreciate a SAD ANIMAL STORY or COMPLETE DOWNER and GROSS IMAGE ALERT tags as well.

We can't stop contrarians and perpetual-bad-day-havers from doing their usual thing. But that doesn't have to mean we can't post the topics we think are positive or uplifting.

I'd also say that we all have our personal biases and blind spots, some known and some unknown to us. So what I find positive and cause for celebration might really offend and irritate someone else, even if the content was completely within the rules of the forum. And that person might very well show up in what I considered to be my sweetness and light thread and let me know how wrong I was, feeling completely justified in their views.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Probably because their current contract with their IT provider doesn't include any forum changes.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

It would never work here for many of the reasons cited.

Many people, for example, would consider welcoming a baby into the world to be Good News.

But here you inevitably get "I hate her, she's trashy, she's a bad parent, they won't raise that baby up proper...."

It happens every day here, to the extent anything new is ever posted. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

I guess if you can't do it here, you can go to the good news website. That's all it is.

I follow good news pages on Instagram. It's good for wellness.

@Greeneyedlady21 

Me too! goodnews_movement

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Good News threads belong in the Among Friends forum.

If the good news concerns children, grandchildren, they belong in the Mom to Mom forum. We don't need more forums.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom What makes you think that? I'm asking seriously as we really have no idea, do we?

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Did you miss the first word of my post???

It was "probably"........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

We don't need a "good news" forum. If you want to post something that you think is good news, we have two perfectly fitting forums for that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

There have been many good threads and there will continue to be many good threads.

As far as posters trying to "take down the thread" - that is perception.

Some cannot stand an opposing pov and will accuse said poster of always chasing or being mean to her etc. etc. etc.  

Then along will come a "back up" to announce that the poster with the opposing POV is the nastiest person on this forum with the advice to go back and look at her posts.  Just happened last week.

Those are the issues that take down good threads and even contentious threads.  Taking posts on such a personal level causes the feuds, not opposing pov's.

Differences in how one views any topic is ok.  The name calling dooms any threads, and nothing else.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh